Another Antman like 30 Day PVE ever going to happen?

Scoregasms
Scoregasms Posts: 373
That seemed to be a pretty good example of something universally liked? Even if it's just one 4* Cover (or Legendary Token) to do throughout 30 days, it is nice to have something challenging to have available every day to experiment team comps against (even if you did already finish it).

Any news/feedback available for maybe making this mode a more permanent addition?

11/4 Will move to suggestions on 11/5

Moved to suggestions on 11/5

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought for sure that something like that would be tied into DDQ, but on a weekly or 5-day cycle basis. I enjoyed antman event and would enjoy anything similar in the future. the loaner antman that was fully covered at level 70 was a nice preview of the character as a whole. I think it would be cool to have all new characters be plugged into something similar to let the masses know what they have to look forward to. no idea why they don't do more of that - I see no downside
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I had fun with it and would like to see more events like it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They went through quite a good amount of trouble making that event, i am sure it is being saved for a re-run for something (hey devs, digital release day for Ant-Man is 11/17 hint hint)
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I thiught the first DDQ 4* event would be like a mini-Ant Man event (tee hee, a Mini Ant-Man, he's so small...), so I'm glad I went through it on the first day, rather than waiting for Day 2.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    They went through quite a good amount of trouble making that event, i am sure it is being saved for a re-run for something (hey devs, digital release day for Ant-Man is 11/17 hint hint)
    "Trouble"?

They strung together, what was it, five nodes? With two of them survival nodes, and one using a 13-cover loaner. There were no cutscenes, no dialogue, no tokens. Just an event art screen and a background image which was pretty generic. They have to do more work than that putting together a Gauntlet or DvMPQ.

If you call that amount of work "trouble" you're setting a very low bar for them to clear.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didnt they say a while back if it ever was to rerun the event would be cut down big time. Mostly everyone got though it within so many days so, if it did come back it would not be 30 days
  • I enjoyed the Ant Man event quite a bit. I'd like to see more like that in the future.

As a matter of fact, having one such event running each month awarding a 4* cover (not a Leg. Token, please!) would be a welcome addition to the currently-frustrating 4* transition.

-GK
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I must agree that the Ant-man event was one of my all-time favorite. I would love to see one of those monthly with different 4*s or for every new one. It would be a bummer if that was a one time deal, it was prolly the only event i can remember where your reward was based on your own effort, and not what everyone else was doing.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The brief analysis of that event provided by a red was that 95% of people played on the first day and the last day. I liked the theme and the non-competitive nature of the event, but would guess if they did something similar in the future they'd tweak the format.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should do a 7 day event like ant man in between season; a week is usually enough time to finish most nodes and doesn't need to be in a tab for 30 days. it be an interesting thing to do since there won't be shield sim to try new combos out; other than PvE.