When did Rags become Top-Tier?

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Last PVE, Unstable Iso-8 I placed T50 and earned my first 4* in PVE. This time I figured with Heroics and Rags being the reward that this would be easy T50 but I am barely holding onto T150 and I am only 5k away from the Legendary. I actually need the Rags covers since I finally decided to roster him a few weeks ago.

Are players seriously grinding for Rags? lol. I'm sure I'll zoom up after everyone has earned their Legendary but I find this amusing overall.

Mods: I would put this in a discussion on the PVE but no one is making the PVE topics as much anymore icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is people will probably stop playing when they've hit the legendary. I know I will.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My guess is people will probably stop playing when they've hit the legendary. I know I will.

^^Seconded - I'm in it for the token only. All other prizes have no value to me.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I know I personally don't care about the rewards but my vault has some really good 4* covers of which I already pulled 1 (4Cyc red) so I'm playing only for the event tokens.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Maybe you were placed in a vet bracket instead of a noob bracket?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    t50 sub hp and tokens. after that I'm done.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Last PVE, Unstable Iso-8 I placed T50 and earned my first 4* in PVE.

Woohoo!!! Stamps!!!

It was close though had my doubts when I went to bed.

I want Rags so I'm pushing, only for the essential for Prodigal Son (I have none of them ATM).

But, by comparison I'm sitting at 29,765 points (not much in front of you) and in 1st place. I know I won't keep 1st because I've done some early grinding this sub due to commitments tonight so others will fly by me but I'm fully expecting T10.

You must be in a death bracket.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    No one wants Rags....people want as many legendary saved up as possible before Phoenix comes out
  • I do not know why the staff say that the Ragnarok is bad. Except the damage of green that is ridiculous he is a good 3*.They have played Ragnarok with Fury? I bet not, as you think it one of the worst 3 *.

Detail about pve: I do not play more pve unless they come Kamala Khan or Quicksilver. The legendary token is false advertising. The last legendary usable I got was before the anniversary, via pve. Galactus event is a special event and not pve. Mathematically the chance of this happening is less than 0.01%. Must have a frame up with these legendary tokens.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:

Yep. That was me. I apologize that I'm currently in placement range for a rags i have absolutely no desire to have. Yet again the idiotic side effects of the stupid reward system. People that need that 3* aren't fighting other people that also want that 3*, but people who want a random 4*. Same thing happens in PvP all the time with 1000, 1300, and season point rewards.

Anyway, I just did all that grinding for one thirteenth of an Invisible Woman, icon_e_sad.gif so I have absolutely no desire to play more right now. Good luck getting rags, I'm not going to work any more.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinicius18 wrote:
    I do not know why the staff say that the Ragnarok is bad. Except the damage of green that is ridiculous he is a good 3*.They have played Ragnarok with Fury? I bet not, as you think it one of the worst 3 *.

You admit that his green is atrocious and you play him along Fury, so you don't use his blue. So you are left with his red, which is just ok, not stellar. So he is basically a character with only one (mediocre) ability that in defence is going to waste Fury's blue. Am I missing something?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Ragnarok quite a bit in The Simulator when he was boosted there. As I recall, I teamed him with Kamala Khan and Black Panther. Kamala kept healing and getting green to Bash. Worked pretty well.
    Still need another green for a 5/5/3 build though.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    I do not know why the staff say that the Ragnarok is bad. Except the damage of green that is ridiculous he is a good 3*.They have played Ragnarok with Fury? I bet not, as you think it one of the worst 3 *.

You admit that his green is atrocious and you play him along Fury, so you don't use his blue. So you are left with his red, which is just ok, not stellar. So he is basically a character with only one (mediocre) ability that in defence is going to waste Fury's blue. Am I missing something?

I do not like the damage caused by green but I use it. Cause much damage the opponent team. Rag, Fury and Hood are quite strong. Only need to take that damage your team Ragnarok is very good. Moreover, it is very difficult to take down Ragnarok when he is alone. You've probably played PVE against him and he knows it.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Rags became top tier the moment he was released.

Then he was nerfed. Hardehar.

Yeah, he was one of original OP'd characters. Remember when his red power only cost 2 AP? That was crazy!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2015
    As with all post 4* PVE events, the tokens have a high chance at dropping the last 4* introduced. That's why I am in.
    vinicius18 wrote:
    I do not like the damage caused by green but I use it. Cause much damage the opponent team. Rag, Fury and Hood are quite strong. Only need to take that damage your team Ragnarok is very good. Moreover, it is very difficult to take down Ragnarok when he is alone. You've probably played PVE against him and he knows it.

Ragnarok's Green does the same ap/damage ratio as Thor, except he hurts your own team too. His single line of destruction is not worth that. His red is terrible, as it's ap/damage ratio is worse than Thor's, and Thor's red is mediocre at best.

His best ability is his blue since it helps him survive while creating green charge tiles (for someone else to use hopefully), but since all his other abilities are garbage why would you want him to be around in the first place.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Not directly related, except to the bolded note at the end: I'm the guy who used to make most of the PVE topics. I started a new job in August, teaching five classes that have four unique preps. Work is kicking my butt.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    As with all post 4* PVE events, the tokens have a high chance at dropping the last 4* introduced. That's why I am in.
    vinicius18 wrote:

Ragnarok's Green does the same ap/damage ratio as Thor, except he hurts your own team too. His single line of destruction is not worth that. His red is terrible, as it's ap/damage ratio is worse than Thor's, and Thor's red is mediocre at best.

His best ability is his blue since it helps him survive while creating green charge tiles (for someone else to use hopefully), but since all his other abilities are garbage why would you want him to be around in the first place.

I think just the opposite of you. I did not say he is the best 3 * but a good 3 *. Just use your blue when Ragnarok is alone. His red because 2k damage with 6AP and create blue tiles to feed its allies. They only need to remove the injury to team the green coup. They may even put a stike tile to the opposing team as with Captain Marvel but the damage to the team is a bad thing.