Remember, remember the 20th of November

Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That's when Marvel's newest Netflix series, Jessica Jones, premieres. Now adding Kingpin to MPQ to coincide with Daredevil was probably a much safer bet simply due to being more well known even before the series (despite the poor reception to the Daredevil movie, you can't spell infamous without famous). Now I know almost nothing about Jessica Jones, or any of her supporting cast of characters, but that doesn't mean she's not unknown within the comic book community (clearly I just haven't read enough Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Defenders/etc).

Anyway, I haven't had a look into the old crystal ball in a while so I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either Jessica Jones or Purple Man make their debut around the end of the month.

Also, I guess Ant-Man must be close to getting a release on DVD/BluRay/VHS/Beta/Read-along-picture-book-with-cassette-tape/laserdisc/"We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" style memory injection/etc. Probably around the same time since it's Thanksgifting Day somewhere around that then too. I still haven't seen it myself, but I guess you could make a case for Wasp or Yellowjacket to make an appearance in MPQ for that special occasion.

Thoughts? Jessica Jones fans, who are the who's who that need to make it into MPQ? Ant-Man fans, should we see Wasp and Yellowjacket or just another Ant-Man in the form of Hank Pym? The Shocker fans, will the greatest Spider-Man adversary ever be recognised in MPQ? Sports fans, did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Comments

• A Jessica Jones story event would be cool, with purple man as a a Gorgon-style villain character

Someone else posted a decent purple man character design in the character concepts thread (started by me I think!)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ant-Man is out on 2nd December, in NZ at least. I'd quite like to see Cassie Lang as Stature, or even Hank Pym (or Clint Barton) as Goliath. MPQ needs BIG characters.

Jessica Jones is someone I know little of, except that she married Luke Cage, has a daughter, Danielle, and Squirrel Girl was a nanny for a while. I don't really see her joining the myriad of characters in MPQ, not where there are so many variants of Wolverine still to add, and we have only one Moonstone, that can't be right.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds doubtful taking in account that the next new character is one of two that supposedly people have been clamouring for for a long time. Likely Gambit, Rogue or Nightcrawler.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Sounds doubtful taking in account that the next new character is one of two that supposedly people have been clamouring for for a long time. Likely Gambit, Rogue or Nightcrawler.

They're also "taking a break" from mutants, I definitely don't see any of those on the horizon. There have been plenty of other, non-mutant characters that fit that description, like Dr Strange, Black Bolt, Ghost Rider, or Spider-Man.
  • i love comic based character added to the game, how depth storyline, how their relationship, how they mixed up with one another/tie in, seeing how they evolve little by little. watching interview with joe fletcher at san diego comic con back then really encourage me up, reason for me not to. . . .quit
    hmm never liked marvel-studio based character(both tv and movie series), same reason why i quit mff
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Wasp and would love to see her in the game, but...I don't see it happening until she's had a role in the movies. Unless they do a classic Wasp. It would be bizarre to throw her in when her powers aren't revealed. Hell, she hasn't even worn the suit yet.

And using comic Wasp with movie Ant Man would be just as bizarre to me.

As for Jessica...I'd like to see some kind of tie in with the series. I've been very much looking forward to it, though I wonder how faithful the series is going to be to...certain...storylines ¬¬

I agree with the above, I could see Purple Man as a boss character Gorgon style. Would be terrifying if he has an ability that works like Fastball Special, he picks a random team member of the other side and uses a random move of theirs on you. 8I
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Ant-Man is out on 2nd December.

My VUDU pre-order is available 11/17 to watch on my Roku or Xbox One.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    They also have 4* Amadeus Cho Hulk planned for December already.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Sports fans, did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Shocker fans, will the greatest Spider-Man adversary ever be recognised in MPQ?

WHAT HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT THE IMMORTAL PASTE-POT PETE?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    teknofyl wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Sports fans, did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in!
    What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early?
  • bobbyfish wrote:
    A Jessica Jones story event would be cool, with purple man as a a Gorgon-style villain character

Someone else posted a decent purple man character design in the character concepts thread (started by me I think!)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34334

I guess that would be my suggestion then icon_e_smile.gif since no one else responded to your thread. icon_cry.gif

Glad you liked the concept. Was hoping someone would chip in with an original move concept for Purple AP generation to round it out.

Grantosium wrote:
    redflag.png
    Randomly place a trap tile. If the trap tile is matched a random enemy ability is fired against the enemy team for 50% damage.
    (Max Level: Trap tile cannot be overwritten. Enemy ability fires at 110% of normal damage.)
    purpleflag.png
    Place a purple countdown tile. While the countdown tile is in play the Purple Man chooses the enemy team's matches.
    (Max Level: Enemy match damage reduced to 50%, Player team gain 50% of AP generated by enemy)
    blackflag.png or blueflag.png
    See icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get ready for the upcoming..........
    JONES INDUSTRY!

That's right, a Jessica Jones type Growth Industry that will reward a 4* Jessica Jones for completing all the nodes. You have 1 week to complete
  • Malcrof
    JONES INDUSTRY!

That's right, a Jessica Jones type Growth Industry that will reward a 4* Jessica Jones for completing all the nodes. You have 1 week to complete

Actually, with the 2 series, and we have enough of the chars.. we need an actual Hell's Kitchen Storyline Event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    JONES INDUSTRY!

Actually, with the 2 series, and we have enough of the chars.. we need an actual Hell's Kitchen Storyline Event.

What, Prodigal Sun and enemy of the State not good enough for you? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2015
    I was a fan of the original ALIAS comic that introduced Jessica Jones (and the The Pulse comic she was in before New Avengers rolled around.) I'm very curious of how much of that will make it into the Netflix series. I know it includes Luke Cage, so I wonder if that one infamous page of Jessica and Luke "connecting" from Alias #1 will make it in there.

I am concerned that the show seems to revolve around Purple Man, the same way Kingpin impacted every episode of Daredevil for that Netflix series. In the original 13 issues of Alias, he was only hinted at much of the run, with a greater emphasis on different types of PI cases in the Marvel universe (and some nice character studies on self-loathing and post traumatic stress.) Killgrave only showed up at the end of the run to pay off background stories (and BOY that return did not go well for one specific character already in MPQ). I hope the other stuff doesn't get overshadowed by him in the series, for example, all her detective cases end up related to him in some way. Not every plot should be about him, though I don't mind his shadow influencing Jessica as a character in those plots.

A story PVE featuring her would be great, but I don't think she should be a playable character. The whole premise was she was a retired superhero, a failed superhero, who now did PI work the dirty little gutters of the world others soar in. Having her slug it out with level 325 scaled Juggs or Ares would be "off" to me. If she appears, she should be like Fury in the prologue stories, just setting up the story of what's going on as you help her on this "case".

Purple Man would be a good PVE only villain like Gorgon though. Give him a passive that flips player tiles every turn to make him really annoying.

And hey, Patsy Walker, aka Hellcat, is in the Netflix series too! Bring her on in MPQ!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    JONES INDUSTRY!

What, Prodigal Sun and enemy of the State not good enough for you? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Having 1 sub each.. no, how many characters do we have from those 20 blocks?
  • Remember, remember
    The 20th of November
    The Jessica Jones TV Show they shot
    I know of no reason
    not to watch the whole season
    So, I might as well binge-watch the whole lot!