Adjustable (faster!) game speed settings

philosorapt0r
philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
During my brief (post-Galactus, pre-CP) hiatus from MPQ to Puzzle & Glory, I've become addicted to faster resolution of individual gem-matches (gem-falling-speed, and special gem resolution). I remember the same feeling when I initially was playing both MPQ and Gems of War, and MPQ's superior (faster) speed made playing the slower game less fun by comparison.

Which is all to say: let us speed up the animations! Lightning-fast, I say! Leave the current speed as the default for new players, but add an option to match faster. Difficult content where you have to stop & think won't be much changed, but being able to power through over-leveled DDQ nodes / PvP seed nodes with faster matches would improve playing experience noticeably.

(Additionally/separately, specific abilities, like the spawning of IF's attack tile/Blade's strike tiles/Daken's regen & strike tiles/Falcon's moveset, would be more awesome if their animations could be skipped/sped through. When they come up in featured PvP, it's a chore!)

Comments

• Yes, I very much agree with your statement. I would also LOVE to get customizable speeds, because some combinations especially of Daken/Torch-Skills is really annoying. I often try to make my match for the 4th time, until the animation has finished and it is executed.

(Note, I did explicitly join this forum to make this statement. Sadly my first posting was rejected by the forum admins, so I have now added in a few extra words. I am not advertisting anything here, I am not spamming, I am just raising my voice to agree with the OP. Also, please note that I find it rude to block off newbies to the board with an instaban just because I wrote 'Yes, this, a thousand times this'. Let's see if this posting goes through...)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv2 wrote:
    (Note, I did explicitly join this forum to make this statement. Sadly my first posting was rejected by the forum admins, so I have now added in a few extra words. I am not advertisting anything here, I am not spamming, I am just raising my voice to agree with the OP. Also, please note that I find it rude to block off newbies to the board with an instaban just because I wrote 'Yes, this, a thousand times this'. Let's see if this posting goes through...)
    This may have been a moderation error. I'm looking into it.

Edit: unbanned. We apologize for the error.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I would appreciate a setting like this. I generally like to see the animations just to see how they look, but it's nice to be able to skip along once I'm familiar. I appreciated it in Final Fantasy 9, and I appreciated it in Pokemon.

I assume it would be possible to just display, briefly, the associated artwork for the character's ability when it's cast, so that it still cues the player exactly what's going on, but without the additional animation or lighting effects.

I'm much more concerned about the wait for ability animations than I am about cascade speed, but I can understand if people want that sped up as well.