Scaling and heroics

Skorche
Skorche Posts: 47
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I hated community scaling and was vocal about it until they finally changed it.

Now that we just have personal scaling it doesn't seem so bad. I have one 4 star at lvl 168 and a majority of my 3 stars at 166 and my higher nodes are 235ish but they're doable with a good balanced team of non boosted max 3 stars or with boosted 3 stars. So my personal scaling for non heroics seems fine.

Does heroics really need to use the same scaling as a non-heroic? Seems like limiting our roster is its own form of scaling difficultly. I think personal scaling could back off a tad on heroics. I eat through way more health packs on heroics then I do on non-heroics.

Not sure if other people feel this way, but just struck me while I was trying to find someone to deal with bullseyes protect tiles besides doc oc who can but he's no captain marvel.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They just mentioned in the video and upcoming that scaling , even personal scaling, is being addressed shortly.

Why not wait until their fix happens, then see if your complaint is still valid?
  • I ran a few tests on the info I collected this event, pretty certain that this event only use your available heroes you can use in this event to calculate the scaling.
    But at any rate, it won't be long now before they are going to "finally" do something about the terrible scaling from leveling our characters. Hopefully it happens this year :/

Btw, If you want to see the numbers for more info feel free to send me a PM.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    they definitely look at all available characters to you. I have both ss and oml and last event hb was boosted and my scaling was through the roof. I still managed t30, even grinding on sub 2 a day early, so it wasn't unmanageable, but it cost me a ton of health packs on sunday and with the blade pvp, I spent a dozen or so tacos restocking health packs. this heroic is much, much better. and if I can keep taking damage, scaling stays low. problem is, I have to make sure I can finish a node without wiping too.... so my scaling stayed nice and low (essentials 130s) until my very last node of the clear, then it jumped. oh well. only ones I really hate are the hood/feeder nodes. the rest are doable when they give you fist and panther.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    They just mentioned in the video and upcoming that scaling , even personal scaling, is being addressed shortly.

Why not wait until their fix happens, then see if your complaint is still valid?
    I think it's because we've learned to dread their solutions to problems. Rather than make scaling easier for max level rosters, they could just as easily address this by making scaling harder for fully-covered underleveled rosters.