4*ddq option

jvasses
jvasses Posts: 43
there is nothing wrong with current system, except ppl like me have only a few 4* covers and can't compete in most events, and now have little to no way of earning 4*s except lucky pulls from tokens. I suggest giving an option for the event, either use the 4* against the buffed 3star, OR you can use the same 3star, against a lesser, but buffed 4star. It will be very difficult, but atleast the 3* community will have a chance to win the leg. token.

Comments

• They are clearly trying to establish a 4 star pantheon of characters for probably matchmaking reasons in PVP events. No matter what the motivation is, realize that legendary tokens are a pain in the **** to get, and with the amount of new 4 star characters there is little to no chance of the average player benefiting from this recent change. It would make a world of difference if d3 would allow a CHOICE of 4 star character in the relatively infrequent 4 star events in DDQ.

If you want to push a 4 star character tier, you should make it as easy as possible to get the covers. IF you don't care about customer / player engagement, then do exactly what you've been doing. I play everyday, and have a commanding roster. That being the case, given the specific ddq 4* fights, the increasing number of 4* characters, and the generally high point score required to get a legendary token, I've written off a big 4* character stable in preference of enhancing my 3* stable.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    jvasses wrote:
    there is nothing wrong with current system, except ppl like me have only a few 4* covers and can't compete in most events, and now have little to no way of earning 4*s except lucky pulls from tokens. I suggest giving an option for the event, either use the 4* against the buffed 3star, OR you can use the same 3star, against a lesser, but buffed 4star. It will be very difficult, but atleast the 3* community will have a chance to win the leg. token.

The 4*DDQ should have really been for a fixed cover like the 3* version and the current version for the Legendary DDQ should have been called something else.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    jvasses wrote:

The 4*DDQ should have really been for a fixed cover like the 3* version and the current version for the Legendary DDQ should have been called something else.

Agree with this^^^ it should be a fixed cover rather than a token. A few people keep suggesting being able to take on the 4* DDQ with a 3* character but I don't think that's a good change since this event is primarily designed for 4* players anyway.
  • Crowl wrote:
    jvasses wrote:

Agree with this^^^ it should be a fixed cover rather than a token. A few people keep suggesting being able to take on the 4* DDQ with a 3* character but I don't think that's a good change since this event is primarily designed for 4* players anyway.

This event was designed to help the 3star player convert to 4star. I have a full 3 star roster and VERY limited 4stars and can't compete on 90% of 4*ddq therefore have VERY limited ability to build my 4 star any higher. At least when DDQ came out to help the 2* to 3* conversion, it was achievable, though difficult with a 2 star team.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    jvasses wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    jvasses wrote:

I dunno, I was under the impression that it's for mid transition 4* players to strengthen their roster. Not for early transitioners to get a roster - after all that's why it's required to have a reasonably covered character to beat it in the first place. If it were for early transitioners then surely it would be much more accessible and easy for early players.

This event was designed to help the 3star player convert to 4star. I have a full 3 star roster and VERY limited 4stars and can't compete on 90% of 4*ddq therefore have VERY limited ability to build my 4 star any higher. At least when DDQ came out to help the 2* to 3* conversion, it was achievable, though difficult with a 2 star team.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler

Only problem with this is that it screws the people who already have that color cover. Perhaps if they stole an idea from Marvel Future Flight and gave us selector tokens. Lets you pick a character and then either you get a random or a specific cover for that character it would be interesting.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Add another node to 4* day. One, essential like 3*, the second a hyped up BE node for that specific 4*. Maybe make it twice per run since the # of 4* is quickly approaching 20 and 3* are capped at 40.