Hacked command points

DubbaHuss
DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What if an alliance had a hacked account join and before getting sandboxed that hacked account "buys" hp and iso, disseminating cp to the legit alliance members. How do they stop that?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    This should really be in one of the relevant threads. But in any case, they'd have to hack the purchasing itself to disseminate the Command Points. Which means they successfully hacked Apple/Google/Valve's purchasing system. Which means they are either going to be big hits on the black market if they black hat it, or whacked by the feds just after the big three figure out what happened. Or both.

Probably not a problem. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I'm just glad you found it Ice and answered so quickly.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    What if an alliance had a hacked account join and before getting sandboxed that hacked account "buys" hp and iso, disseminating cp to the legit alliance members. How do they stop that?

you lost me on diseminating cp to members you cant trade or give CP can you.
  • slidecage wrote:
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    Yes you can. When a member buys hp his alliance mates also get some amount of cps.

We all know (or some do) there's a three letter acronym for this kind of thing on mobile, it's as far as Google. I really wanted to know, a serious answer, that the cps can be taken away and the person sandboxed with no further problems for the alliance.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    Yes you can. When a member buys hp his alliance mates also get some amount of cps.

We all know (or some do) there's a three letter acronym for this kind of thing on mobile, it's as far as Google. I really wanted to know, a serious answer, that the cps can be taken away and the person sandboxed with no further problems for the alliance.

needs to find a alliance with full of whales icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    But in any case, they'd have to hack the purchasing itself to disseminate the Command Points. Which means they successfully hacked Apple/Google/Valve's purchasing system.

So, can a hacker somehow bypass the "purchase" command to trigger the CP input into a player's account?

Somewhere out there, I'm sure that hacker is gonna go "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" icon_e_smile.gif
  • If a hacker is using whatever tools to grant himself infinite HP for cover levelling or 40 packs, I doubt he's going to cry himself to sleep if he misses out on a few command points along the way...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    But in any case, they'd have to hack the purchasing itself to disseminate the Command Points. Which means they successfully hacked Apple/Google/Valve's purchasing system.

So, can a hacker somehow bypass the "purchase" command to trigger the CP input into a player's account?

Somewhere out there, I'm sure that hacker is gonna go "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" icon_e_smile.gif

It's kinda like Ethan Hunt using his incredible espionage and spy skills to break into a local Wal-mart after hours to steal a case of Mars bars.