With new currency system how soon until 4*'s get buffed?

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
IceIX stated that 4*'s would be getting buffed but not until high level 5 stars became a thing. Well now that covers can be purchased, how quickly will we begin to see maxed 5*'s and how will they buff 4*'s.

Is it going to be a level increase like before, and make them all say 350?

Are 3*'s going to see a boost as well?

Comments

• I'm guessing another level boost like last time. Maybe 50-100 levels for 4* this time w smaller levels for the smaller star classes
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Command points are purchasable? I missed that part if true, and yeah it'll take 5 minutes to max a 5* in that case.

I know they're gifted as part of a HP purchase, but Ice said it wasn't enough to whale a 5 cover without $10k, which is about half of what it would cost just to buy the 42 packs.

In other words, unless the first sentence is the case, 5* won't be running rampant quite yet.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    IceIX stated that 4*'s would be getting buffed but not until high level 5 stars became a thing. Well now that covers can be purchased, how quickly will we begin to see maxed 5*'s and how will they buff 4*'s.

Is it going to be a level increase like before, and make them all say 350?

Are 3*'s going to see a boost as well?

They are just going to buff older 4*s, do the same thing they did with Shulkie/Beast etc.. the power creep in 4* Land is already happening, they just need the catch the older folks up. SL will be the im40 of 4* land though. Forever alone.
  • They said it would take 100 Stark salaries to get 1 5* cover so it will still be a while before maxed 5*s are common.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    But if you are in a top tier alliance with Whales galore, and everyone purchases 1 stark salary every other month, it won't take them long since you share with your alliance. That was the CP feature I'm worried about most
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So for anyone who was running a pool, how many days did "We're not going to let you purchase 5* covers directly" last? My guess was "as soon as a couple people finish whaling them up via token purchases".
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's costly even for whales to directly purchase 5* using CP. Although many players are panicking about this, think about all the revenue! The devs also stated they plan to release new PVE stories before end of the year. These new PVE's likely correlate based on the sale estimates from CP related purchases.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    But if you are in a top tier alliance with Whales galore, and everyone purchases 1 stark salary every other month, it won't take them long since you share with your alliance. That was the CP feature I'm worried about most

Ice said ~100 starks for a cover, with some confusion in his phrasing allowing that maybe he meant whaling the character (i.e. 10-13 covers, depending on whether you can ComPo the 1st of a color)

Either way, 20 starks every other month is 9 months. Even if you have 20 Colongisseurs (who once said he Starks every other week), that's 9 weeks.

9 weeks would be frightening if Ice did mean finishing a 5*. If he meant one cover, 9 weeks x 10 covers = a long time to whale a 5*.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2015
    Whoops, lazy 3* post.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Ice said ~100 starks for a cover, with some confusion in his phrasing allowing that maybe he meant whaling the character (i.e. 10-13 covers, depending on whether you can ComPo the 1st of a color)

Either way, 20 starks every other month is 9 months. Even if you have 20 Colongisseurs (who once said he Starks every other week), that's 9 weeks.

9 weeks would be frightening if Ice did mean finishing a 5*. If he meant one cover, 9 weeks x 10 covers = a long time to whale a 5*.

I refrain from getting alarmist on nessageboards, but I envision a few pay-to-play alliances who will set a spending minimum to maintain membership in order to Ricky Bobby the PvE and PvP events. Even at percent-of-a-percent distribution rates, I can see maybe 3-5 alliances buying the throne here.

I'll likely never get matches against a 2/3/2 Surfer, OML, Phoenix team, but I'll certainly nope the heck out of them if they come up in my queue. Unless there's a Giantkiller Bounty in the game, I imagine most everyone else will, too. Or they'll just spend (or spend more) to fall back a little less than they would have. Maybe the previously Top 2-placing F2Pers will drop a Stark here and there if it makes the difference between Top 5 and Top 25 (and getting a 5* cover they would never otherwise see).

But I am getting alarmist and Worst-Case, so take it with a grain of chimichangas.