Who is the best 5?

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After some speculation at long last (:P) we know who are the first three 5s and, as we mortals will need A LOT of time to max them I think it is time to start deciding which is the best one here in the forum.

So guys, who do you think is the best 5 all around? And who do you think is the best undercovered 5 (6 covers or less)?

OML is the heavy hitter of the group, but he needs to transform to unleash his maximum potential. Phoenix is similar in the sense that she becomes a monster when she resurrects, but you have to die first, and she cant be the last to die. SS is probably the less spectacular.

So I think that probably the winner in both categories for me is OML. If Phoenix would always resurrect then things would be different but as we can leave her for last or destroy the countdown before she comes back she losses some value.

Do you agree? Discuss icon_e_biggrin.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    First off, i have 0 5*s, so what do i know..

But, after using SS vs Carnage/JG/IMHB in the season node .. to farm team ups.. a max SS was barely touched by 3 monsters in the 4* world.. SS gets my vote.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might as well ask me which restaurant has the best food, among three I've never eaten at...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Although I haven't played with Phoenix yet, I have actually played with both undercovered and max covered Silver Surfer and OML. I can say without a doubt OML has the best potential of the three. Phoenix is much worse on defense in multiple ways (being able to hurt herself with red, her green being useless if she is left for last, the overabundance of color coverage for purple/green) than SS and OML. OML has the highest damage rating of all the 5 stars and healing potential to keep him alive until he dishes out the damage.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Let me step into my Delorean and hit 88 mph.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    In my sandboxed account I must say SS is pretty lame compared to oml. Although it's hard to test them as they do so much match damage I can normally only get a few spells off.

Pheonix looks really interesting though but I think oml would win 1v1
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted from a PvP perspective. OML with his constant heal is just a guy you have to leave alone until the rest are taken care of. Jean, is basically 4* Jean and 4* Carnage in one body. SS offensively isn't as good as the others, but defensively my god. He just is so hard to take down and if he gets blue it's back to square one. His match damge with destroy you over time.

Now if it's a 3v3 battle of Phoniex, SS, and OML mirror match I would leave Phonenix last obviously, chip away at SS and Jean. Eventually transform OML, alpha strike there's and hopefully can take SS down before he heals then finish off Phoenix
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted surfer in general and OML with 6 covers.

Surfer doesn't hit quite as hard, but he's a savage on defense by virtue of his blue alone, his red does heavy damage, and his black gains a boatload of AP unless the opponent can catch it in a match 4 or 5. Just good all around.

OML got the undercovered vote because I have him at 1/3/0. He's worthless for pvp except MAYBE an early climb, but in pve I can pair him with characters that overlap colors, let him tank everything and heal up. He still gets killed by later nodes where the goon countdowns are dealing 3k a pop, but he definitely stretches out my health supply.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the minority here, but I really like SS still. Something about massive heals, big match damage, and being unstunnable makes him much more annoying than the other two. In a 1:1 with another 5*, I'd definitely go OML, but SS is a great tank.
  • Malcrof
    Character Poll being moved to Characters forum on 11/04
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all theory:

My hunch is OML is strongest overall but Jean is more of a pain underleveled. In her case, lower levels equals lower health, so her green becomes more likely/easier to let come into play, and the damage on her green doesn't level with covers.

I feel like Surfer, while a defensive nightmare, is the least pain inducing of the 3. They all do match damage, but the other two can hit hard on multiple colors, Surfer just red.
  • Polares
    simonsez wrote:
    Might as well ask me which restaurant has the best food, among three I've never eaten at...

Common guys, it is going to be a while until we play with maxed 5s, but we can read their stats an guess which one is better.

I think the biggest problem of SS is that again devs give a lot of importance to charged tiles, but the thing is that you create the charged tiles but they can be used also by the other team. And these charged tiles can be created in any color, not just in the ones SS use. Then singularity is a little expensive. He has more life than the others and he is unstunnable.

The worst about OML is that black pre transform finishes the turn, all the other powers/combinations are quite good. And he is the one that does more match damage of the three. And I think he is quite usable with 6 covers (2 in black if possible).

Phoenix purple can be very good if you can do match-5s, but the only chars that helps you do match 5 are 3s (at least for now), so it will be used more for red creation than anything else. Her red is similar to SS, a little bit more expensive but better, those strike tiles are good. But it is dangerous to use if you team has also OML. And for me her best power is her green, as soon as she transforms she is unstoppable, but as I said before she needs to die first.

So OML for president icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Common guys, it is going to be a while until we play with maxed 5s, but we can read their stats an guess which one is better
    I'm the guy who read the stats of Scarlet Witch and said she'd be one of the worst 3*s in the game.
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Common guys, it is going to be a while until we play with maxed 5s, but we can read their stats an guess which one is better
    I'm the guy who read the stats of Scarlet Witch and said she'd be one of the worst 3*s in the game.

Find the KK release thread.. no-one wanted her either..
  • Polares
    I thought this was going to be a popular thread, I always find very fun talking about the most powerful guys, but it seems nobody cares too much about 5s right now. Just 25 people voted and one page of comments... I guess just 4s and Command points matter for now icon_razz.gif