PVP queuing - invisible noob?!

wiz_biz
wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
in several recent PVPs, i've noticed players who are unshielded in my t10 that i'll try to queue by spending hundreds and even sometimes thousands on skips, but can never find them. while frustrating, it is what it is, i eventually give up and try to rationalize it by saying maybe i'm out of their point range, or perhaps there are just too many viable targets, etc.

but last night i came across one that is just really hamming my biscuits...a player got up into my t10 and was unshielded. did a quick roster check to see that they had a lvl 124, 117, and 111 as their highest characters and the rest were maxed 2*s. i've probably spent well over 2k iso trying to queue the guy since last night, and alliance mates have as well, and this has not been during a period where good queues were abounding. i started trying to queue him when i was at 929 and he was at 974. i'm currently 991 and he's 1063. he remains unshielded, and yet to appear in anyone else's queue in my alliance.

how on earth does this happen, that such a weak roster can remain unshielded for 8+ hours in the visible t10?? it would make me feel better if it was simply some kind of display issue, but watching his point gain it doesn't really look like he's been shield hopping and we just can't see the shields. i know the queuing system is pretty quirky, but this is just nuts, i tells ya. i would love to hear any thoughts on how this could even be possible.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited November 2015
    I know who you're talking about. It must be friends with the devs. I beat him with my characters 1*.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Probably a sandboxed account.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
  • wiz_biz
    grunth13 wrote:

hmm, i see...didn't realize you'd be able to see those guys on the leaderboards
  • This has happened to me MANY times.

I'm facing 270s with my 130s, only to see someone at 8th or 9th with 90s, or even 70s.

Really, REALLY frustrating to know that they're somehow on there way to winning 4*s while I'm struggling to hit 200 points for my useless 2*.

DBC
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    wiz_biz wrote:
    in several recent PVPs, i've noticed players who are unshielded in my t10 that i'll try to queue by spending hundreds and even sometimes thousands on skips, but can never find them. while frustrating, it is what it is, i eventually give up and try to rationalize it by saying maybe i'm out of their point range, or perhaps there are just too many viable targets, etc.

but last night i came across one that is just really hamming my biscuits...a player got up into my t10 and was unshielded. did a quick roster check to see that they had a lvl 124, 117, and 111 as their highest characters and the rest were maxed 2*s. i've probably spent well over 2k iso trying to queue the guy since last night, and alliance mates have as well, and this has not been during a period where good queues were abounding. i started trying to queue him when i was at 929 and he was at 974. i'm currently 991 and he's 1063. he remains unshielded, and yet to appear in anyone else's queue in my alliance.

how on earth does this happen, that such a weak roster can remain unshielded for 8+ hours in the visible t10?? it would make me feel better if it was simply some kind of display issue, but watching his point gain it doesn't really look like he's been shield hopping and we just can't see the shields. i know the queuing system is pretty quirky, but this is just nuts, i tells ya. i would love to hear any thoughts on how this could even be possible.

While this is on the front page, can we talk about how ridiculous it is that you can pay your 10 ISO to skip dozens of times and most of the time all you get are the same 5-10 players to Q (often less). For a game w/ millions (?) of active users and only 5 slices, I have to believe that at any given time the system should be able to match you up with a new opponent in the same point range as you (eg, if I'm at 800-1000, there should be plenty of similar teams w/ comparable roster strength that I shouldn't get stuck queuing 15pters or all maxed 270-350 Rulks, JGs, HBs, etc.
  • wiz_biz
    This has happened to me MANY times.

I'm facing 270s with my 130s, only to see someone at 8th or 9th with 90s, or even 70s.

Really, REALLY frustrating to know that they're somehow on there way to winning 4*s while I'm struggling to hit 200 points for my useless 2*.

DBC

yeah, you have to wonder what kind of matchups that basically a 2* roster can even win when they are sitting on that many points in a vet bracket. but i guess if you're miraculously immune to being queued, anything is possible when you aren't taking hits. crazy.
  • wiz_biz
    LordXberk wrote:
    While this is on the front page, can we talk about how ridiculous it is that you can pay your 10 ISO to skip dozens of times and most of the time all you get are the same 5-10 players to Q (often less). For a game w/ millions (?) of active users and only 5 slices, I have to believe that at any given time the system should be able to match you up with a new opponent in the same point range as you (eg, if I'm at 800-1000, there should be plenty of similar teams w/ comparable roster strength that I shouldn't get stuck queuing 15pters or all maxed 270-350 Rulks, JGs, HBs, etc.

oh i agree with you whole-heartedly there! but at this point, i just don't even know what to say about it anymore. nothing more frustrating than having the same few guys rotate through your queues, or even to skip and actually see the exact same player 3+ times in a row. seeing the same old low-floating 4* teams pop up repeatedly, tournament after tournament, when you see other good targets out there will make you want to flip some tables, for sure. thank goodness for line, or i don't know how i'd ever consistently hit my progression goals.