Has a PVP fix happened for 5*s?

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
For the first however many PVPs this season, I've been facing very tough teams since rostering a 5*. With Webslinger, however (which I didn't enter until after yesterday's update), I'm back to facing teams that seem like an appropriate challenge to my level. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the update post, but if it's a specific change that's been made, I'm grateful.

Comments

• Have you actually used the 5* in PVP? If you have, then maybe it's just a matter of more people taking shots at you because of it. Personally, I'll take a shot at anyone using a 1 or 2 covered 5*, regardless of what points you're worth. There are only a handful of players with built-up 5*s that are auto-skip. Everyone else using a 5* is more like auto-attack.

If you haven't used the 5*, then no idea. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Bob The
    Honu141 wrote:
    Have you actually used the 5* in PVP? If you have, then maybe it's just a matter of more people taking shots at you because of it. Personally, I'll take a shot at anyone using a 1 or 2 covered 5*, regardless of what points you're worth. There are only a handful of players with built-up 5*s that are auto-skip. Everyone else using a 5* is more like auto-attack.

If you haven't used the 5*, then no idea. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Oh, god no. I've got a two-cover OML (and not the important cover, either), so he's not ready for primetime. The official word from D3 is that opponents are based on your three highest-leveled characters, which includes him even though I wouldn't use him yet. What I'm talking about isn't so much the retaliation as bracket difficulty being severely worse.

Regardless, I'm getting enjoyable fights again, so hey. Just curious if others dealing with this had also noticed a change.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the first however many PVPs this season, I've been facing very tough teams since rostering a 5*. With Webslinger, however (which I didn't enter until after yesterday's update), I'm back to facing teams that seem like an appropriate challenge to my level. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the update post, but if it's a specific change that's been made, I'm grateful.

It's possible that if your performance went down, you were bumped back down in matchmaking / sent back to a noob bracket. What kind of players do you see in your top 10? 3* players? Multiple maxed 3*s? 4* players? maxed 4*s?

^ This.. i took the Blade event off (went to 400 and decided with Halloween, i could only manage 1 event, so new char release won my shot time slots)..

First non t-100 finish in a few seasons... Web-Slinger starts.. maybe the game felt sorry for me? Almost walked all the way to 1k without being touched.. i got to 1k using 1 shield.. but only out of paranoia.. someone had to hit me at some point right? Nope, nothing but 2* and low 3* teams all the way to 900+
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would be really happy if they did adjust it because I have a surfer cover that will expire in 6 days.
  • The Bob The

It's possible that if your performance went down, you were bumped back down in matchmaking / sent back to a noob bracket. What kind of players do you see in your top 10? 3* players? Multiple maxed 3*s? 4* players? maxed 4*s?

Could be that. I went from facing max/near-max 3*s (which is what my roster is) to facing all max 3*s and maxed/near-max 4*s. Doing okay again now that the volume's turned down, so hopefully it's an actual change and I don't just slingshot right back up there after this one.
  • For the first however many PVPs this season, I've been facing very tough teams since rostering a 5*. With Webslinger, however (which I didn't enter until after yesterday's update), I'm back to facing teams that seem like an appropriate challenge to my level. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the update post, but if it's a specific change that's been made, I'm grateful.

Well, I was looking at FistBuster teams from <300 points during the Webslinger event, so nothing changed for me. For reference, I now have a 2-cover $$ that has never seen play.

I would go with what others said regarding poor performance beforehand, as I have noticed a softening of the Simulator after wiping 9-10 times. It only lasted a couple matches, but it was nice.

DBC
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing is still affected since rostering OML is shield sim - I have not won a single match since all the nodes are lvl 166+ and usually feature 2 4* characters.

My other PVP matches seem fair.
  • The Bob The

Well, I was looking at FistBuster teams from <300 points during the Webslinger event, so nothing changed for me. For reference, I now have a 2-cover $$ that has never seen play.

DBC

I'm still hitting the FistBusters and JeanBusters, but now it's around 700 pts rather than 200. Both this and the previous brackets both had top scores over 1000, too, so I don't think it's just a weak slate. Ah well - mystery!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    My luck varies since rostering my SS, I've gone into several events at the hour or two and finished top 25-100 several times though never breaking 600. Though sometimes I get an event like the bullseye one where I immediately starting hitting teams far beyond my llevel . I've hit more far more drastic upscaleing during LRs than anything else.