Extreme roster limit on Dark Avengers Heroic event

roboto0007
roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
I have a roster of 40 heroes/villains and access to only 5 of them for today's event. I can't clear the final event in today's round because of the poor color combos of my accessible hero pool combined with the usual cheap tactics of the ai. I can't understand why I waste my time leveling and acquiring a robust roster when I get so severely limited in the day to day events.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only Heroics have limited rosters, and each sub has a different set of Reinforcements, so you will get use of more characters as the event goes on.
  • roboto0007
    That's great for tomorrow, but why do I need to essentially lose a day because by luck my roster is ill suited to today's challenge? I'm already at a disadvantage score wise because I don't have 2 of the 3 "essential" characters. If a limit needs to be in place, fine. 85% of my roster off the table seems pretty excessive. It just seems like another lame way to impede any progression.
  • Malcrof
    roboto0007 wrote:
    That's great for tomorrow, but why do I need to essentially lose a day because by luck my roster is ill suited to today's challenge? I'm already at a disadvantage score wise because I don't have 2 of the 3 "essential" characters. If a limit needs to be in place, fine. 85% of my roster off the table seems pretty excessive. It just seems like another lame way to impede any progression.

The essentials will not change from day to day, unfortunately. Those are static throughout the event.
  • Yeah, i agree. The limited rosters are not fun. They are frustrating and pointless. With some bad luck in rotation and enemy cascades i cant even finish a playthrough and i have 48 slots. Once again they are NOT FUN.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    43 roster slots here and only 7 are usable for this event. They could at least award progression covers for each of the usable characters then If you don't have them (or are undercovered) you can earn some along the way.
  • Malcrof
    Don't worry too much, it got loads worse in sub 2, i have all 3*s and 2*s fully covered, and a decent roster of 4*s (not many fully covered) and sub 2 is way worse than sub 1 was..
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quite like the way these heroics limit the roster, but allowing us to only use about 20% of the entire roster seems needlessly restrictive.

Taking the final sub as an example, in this one they have only allowed us the use of 18 out of 80+ characters, 2 of those were only 1* characters and 3 others were new 4* characters that will be undercovered by most people, which seems overly harsh when it is an event to win Rag covers.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Are players able to see which characters will be unusable before a locked-roster event actually begins? It seems reasonable that any character who is Powered-Up for the event will indeed be usable, but is there any reason for the player to expect non-powered characters to be locked out?

It might make the difference in deciding whether to slot or sell a pending cover...
  • roboto0007
    The claim that the roster would "open up" as the event continued is also pretty baseless. I had 2 days with 5 of 40 heroes and 1 day with 6 of 40. That is hardly open.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    They only bring in a few "reinforcements" each round. The available roster stays very limited throughout.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic events are always extremely limited rosters, that's the nature of the event. Many players complain about them, but some do enjoy them.

On the upside, I think they've completely stopped doing new character releases through Heroic pve.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normally - not that fun.

This time with panther and fist boosted - whooooooooo!
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    While they are relatively limited rosters compared to most events, this event notably had several very popular/strong characters boosted.

I find the challenge of limited choices a bit more intriguing- I end up finding several combos of characters that work better than I expected.

The big downside though is that for the very tough nodes, it burns through my health packs fast.

Overall, I find it a nice change of pace from normal.