Question on points in PVE

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
OK So I've just done a full clear of sub 2 of this abysmal PVE Heroic and my points stands at 3870 (for the sub), 1st place on my ranking board is 2k points above me. Has this person just grinded for those extra points or are the points awarded different?

I know someone will probably point out that I'm an idiot for asking and they have obviously just ground the points but...really? someone ground out an extra 2k points in the same time it took me to clear (which was around 15 mins)?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran into this last night.. did my 2nd clear around 8pm (so the timer is at 13+ hours, and rdy for a full point clear in the morning after coffee) and there was a person over 3k ahead of everyone else.. i knew this person was on Line, so i shot them a message to ask how.. here is the response:

"i grind all trivials, and very easy non-trivial/essentials to 1 at the beginning, this way i am not tied to timers on the event, then i only have to do a single clear near the end of the sub, and i still get my t20, or t10 every event"
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    That's an interesting strategy. I guess scheduling is a factor for that player.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    "i grind all trivials, and very easy non-trivial/essentials to 1 at the beginning, this way i am not tied to timers on the event, then i only have to do a single clear near the end of the sub, and i still get my t20, or t10 every event"

Nice little trick they found for themselves. If I did that though I wouldn't break top100 probably. That sucks.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I ran into this last night.. did my 2nd clear around 8pm (so the timer is at 13+ hours, and rdy for a full point clear in the morning after coffee) and there was a person over 3k ahead of everyone else.. i knew this person was on Line, so i shot them a message to ask how.. here is the response:

I did wonder how they were doing it. Not a bad tactic really since you're unlikely to burn through health packs grinding through trivials. I might adopt the tactic in future, not for this though, couldn't care less about getting 3 covers for Rags.

Question though - previous performance and damage taken on nodes affects the scaling for the next sub right? Isn't this tactic going to ensure all enemies are lvl395+ for your next sub?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I did wonder how they were doing it. Not a bad tactic really since you're unlikely to burn through health packs grinding through trivials. I might adopt the tactic in future, not for this though, couldn't care less about getting 3 covers for Rags.

Question though - previous performance and damage taken on nodes affects the scaling for the next sub right? Isn't this tactic going to ensure all enemies are lvl395+ for your next sub?

No idea, didn't ask.. but from personal experience, using the just over 4* release event.. crazy grinding did nothing to the next sub that i could notice myself.