Legendary Token Jinx

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've gotten only 4 legendary tokens so far, I've become a pretty casual player, but man, I seemed jinxed. Out of all the 4* covers, I've got only 4 maxed, two Xforce (b,g) colors and two Invisible Woman (y,g) colors. My last two legendaries tokens have, of course, ended up both being green IW.
I just read the teaser article about command points. I really hope they make it easier for players like me, who don't have the time to play no stop, to get 4 star covers. I've been playing since launch and have most all the 3 star covers I need and it'd be cool to be able to move up without having to play religiously.
Ok, I vented and now I feel better.
Thanks for the great game and keep up the good work.

Comments

• tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Xf Wolverine, invisible woman and star lord seem to have higher odd in legendary token draws... I don't believe the odds are equal for all 4*
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have any maxed color in any of 4* characters and every LT give me new token. Right now i have ALL 4* but they all are 1-4 covered.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:
    Xf Wolverine, invisible woman and star lord seem to have higher odd in legendary token draws... I don't believe the odds are equal for all 4*

Blind luck and confirmation bias. People who get them are more likely to complain and notice fellow sufferers doing so.

Out of 24 legendaries, I got 0 xfw, 1 sl and 2 iw - conversely I got 4 cyclops + 2 rhulks. Anniversary I got 0 dino out of dozens of tokens while my alt got 6 dinos playing the bare minimum for the 10 pack and Galactus. These rates balance out over larger numbers of people.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of All the legendaries I have opened I had the following results:

Kingpin yellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    Invisible Woman yellowflag.pnggreenflag.png
    Star-Lord purpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    DPXF redflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
    IMHB redflag.png
    Prof X blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    OML redflag.png
    Thor yellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Thing redflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Nick Fury purpleflag.png
    Devil Dino redflag.png

A fairly even spread really. However my luck with Heroic tokens is abysmal I can't count how many but I'd wager that at least 45-55% have yielded a MHawkeye, I could've built a 39 strong roster of them by now. Over time I'm sure your odds would get better, it sucks but that's maths and odds for you.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:

Really wish this were true.. i need 1 yellow for XFW, IW is only 1/3/3, and SL is 2/0/4.. leg tokens seem to be of no help with them...

They did help me finish IMHB, JG, got me 3x Thing Green, 2x XFDP black, a couple falcap blue and yellows, and some juicy KP covers.. etc..

We need a trading post!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    tph_james wrote:

Really wish this were true.. i need 1 yellow for XFW, IW is only 1/3/3, and SL is 2/0/4.. leg tokens seem to be of no help with them...

They did help me finish IMHB, JG, got me 3x Thing Green, 2x XFDP black, a couple falcap blue and yellows, and some juicy KP covers.. etc..

We need a trading post!

even if it was just an intra-alliance vault or something. i've bombed so many 3 star covers recently that i'd gladly donate.

as for legendaries, i had back to back carnages at one point. which made me kinda grumpy. but for the most part i've been doing ok.
  • I've only opened 4, but I got Kingpin, 2 Carnages and just yesterday, my 1st Iceman.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    tph_james wrote:

We need a trading post!

even if it was just an intra-alliance vault or something. i've bombed so many 3 star covers recently that i'd gladly donate.

as for legendaries, i had back to back carnages at one point. which made me kinda grumpy. but for the most part i've been doing ok.

I think I'd be ok with a trading post of sorts but it would have to have some limitations I think. trading covers like for like would have to be one limitation. I know people are all about the alliances but that alliance trade idea is only a good idea for top alliances. For average or lower ones - like mine - there is no benefit as people in my alliance are very casual and wouldn't have much to trade thereby increasing the gulf between top alliances and bottom alliances and making the game less competitive.

If covers were like for like (i.e 4* for a 4* etc) then it wouldn't be so bad and might even be a positive change.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    tph_james wrote:

We need a trading post!

I think I'd be ok with a trading post of sorts but it would have to have some limitations I think. trading covers like for like would have to be one limitation. I know people are all about the alliances but that alliance trade idea is only a good idea for top alliances. For average or lower ones - like mine - there is no benefit as people in my alliance are very casual and wouldn't have much to trade thereby increasing the gulf between top alliances and bottom alliances and making the game less competitive.

If covers were like for like (i.e 4* for a 4* etc) then it wouldn't be so bad and might even be a positive change.

My alliance is a mix of randos, even while I've given up all semblance of a real life and devoted all my leisure hours to MPQ. I figure that some of my alliance-mates could use all of the Blade black covers I always pull more than I need another 500 ISO.