Moving events to story mode?

Options
stingdx
stingdx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I remember when the Hunt first came out it was slightly suggested that it was the (first part) of the next chapter. At the time I had just started the game and I really didn't have the levels to go very far into Hunt. Is there a plan to eventually place some of these events like the Hunt, and The Hulk and this recent Thick as Thieves event into a true story mode so that we can level up and play them and see all the story? If /not/ are they planning to repeat these events over again later so that we get more chances to play through them? I'm all for new stuff, but I hate missing out on older things just cause I wasn't high enough level.

Comments

• It's certainly a commonly requested feature, certainly one I'd like to see implemented. I think it's a shame for newer players to miss out on those events and stories, so it's definitely something I hope D3 do in the future.
  • No, because for some reason all PvE must have some ridiculous competitive mechanic with dodgy scoring.

It's like, the law or something.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    They've repeated each episode (except TaT) twice so far, so you'll eventually see all of them at some point.
  • Nemek wrote:
    They've repeated each episode (except TaT) twice so far, so you'll eventually see all of them at some point.

I really hope TaT is repeated again soon (without the broken scaling) as it was a pretty enjoyable event in general, and like all PvE events it was good to grind out a load of ISO.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I never seen a developer (or associate) reply to this topic (on various threads). It would be nice to hear from them (rather seemingly dated comment that it'll be looked at) whether alteration is made over prologue with these new episodes. UNLESS they're keeping it as a surprise...

I for one would love the past episodes be included under non competitive circumstances (where we can play at our own pace & not be blocked because lack of certain characters) it adds more "offline" story play value.
  • I'm starting to get incredibly bored by PvP (it's just so repetitious) and I think having more persistent PVE would be the best thing the game could do for its long-term health. Having "Episode 1" and "Episode 2" tabs next to the "Prologue" tab would go a long way.

And the missions should reset at a higher level after you finish the whole thig, too, so that it's more-or-less eternal. The original Puzzle Quest games had much more content than this one in terms of the main quest; MPQ needs that as well.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm starting to get incredibly bored by PvP (it's just so repetitious) and I think having more persistent PVE would be the best thing the game could do for its long-term health.

I'm with you on this.
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm starting to get incredibly bored by PvP (it's just so repetitious) and I think having more persistent PVE would be the best thing the game could do for its long-term health. Having "Episode 1" and "Episode 2" tabs next to the "Prologue" tab would go a long way.

And the missions should reset at a higher level after you finish the whole thig, too, so that it's more-or-less eternal. The original Puzzle Quest games had much more content than this one in terms of the main quest; MPQ needs that as well.

Agreed 1000%.

Haven't touched the game outside of a morning match in Prologue to get my Daily Resupply in days. Hoping some PVE launches this afternoon.

icon_e_sad.gif