Adjust cover odds based on missing covers/characters

dan54321
dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
It shouldn't be that hard to make an algorithm that analyzes what characters and covers are currently held in a player's roster. As well as how long it's been since a particular character has been awarded a cover (i.e. if a character has been sitting around forever without getting a new cover). Then the odds of what covers a player gets awarded could be skewed in line with that data.

The odds could still be long enough that a player would have a sense of challenge, yet be adjusted so that people get more awards based on what they actually need.

Another option is that roster level could be analyzed, too, increasing the odds for awarding covers for 1* characters until all of them are fully covered, then 2* characters, etc., as a player builds their roster and transitions up to higher starred characters.

Thoughts?

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suggested this exact thing in a thread complaining about leg tokens giving the same 4* covers repeatedly. So for that you get an upvote - I suggest other readers do the same
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    dan54321 wrote:
    Another option is that roster level could be analyzed, too, increasing the odds for awarding covers for 1* characters until all of them are fully covered, then 2* characters, etc., as a player builds their roster and transitions up to higher starred characters.

This part seems like it wouldn't be ideal, Yelena and Venom covers forever! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    So.. I'd draw even more Moonstones?

I do like the idea in general, but of course they'll never go for it.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    dan54321 wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO icon_evil.gif

Don't make us keep 1 and 2 stars there are way too many characters and roster slots are way too expensive to do that. Just make the algorithm determine the cover after the rarity drops. For example: you pull a three star cover and are missing X three star covers you now have whatever chance higher to pull those covers.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    dan54321 wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO icon_evil.gif

Don't make us keep 1 and 2 stars there are way too many characters and roster slots are way too expensive to do that. Just make the algorithm determine the cover after the rarity drops. For example: you pull a three star cover and are missing X three star covers you now have whatever chance higher to pull those covers.

^^This is an improvement to the original idea and should be implemented. I'd say this issue is now resolved^^