I am not a mod

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Apparently my recent posts have led the moderators to think that I am pretending to be a mod. I didn't state that I was a mod anywhere, I only stated what I expected the mods would soon do to some threads.

This has resulted in a warning for pretending to be a mod.

So, I just wanted to make a post to clear up any confusion anyone may be experiencing and make it very clear that I am not a mod.

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Guessing this post gets locked in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... Oops, am I pretending to be a mod?
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Shouldn't this post be in News and Announcements? icon_lol.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am a mod, and I have no idea what's going on here. I'm going to look into it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quit Modding around icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    DayvBang wrote:

Picture my recent posts like the Silver Surfer. I was only heralding the Devourer of Threads.

It's like walking up to some people and saying "hey guys, if you light that trash can on fire the police will probably come". And then getting arrested for impersonating a police officer.
  • Punisher5784
    Raffoon wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Picture my recent posts like the Silver Surfer. I was only heralding the Devourer of Threads.

It's like walking up to some people and saying "hey guys, if you light that trash can on fire the police will probably come". And then getting arrested for impersonating a police officer.

I just saw a few posts of you telling the players that their posts will be moved where no one will read them. I do not think you received a warning for pretending to be a mod per se, but more likely because you're telling players not to bother creating threads to ask questions.

While sometimes I agree that it's annoying to see the same questions get asked over and over again because some players don't bother to actually read the posts on the forums but at the same time you were discouraging them which can be seen as unfair.

Just my opinion. Don't let this get to you, it's not big deal. Take this time to join the wonderful Heroics PVE that rewards your hard work with a Ragnarok icon_e_wink.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I just saw a few posts of you telling the players that their posts will be moved where no one will read them. I do not think you received a warning for pretending to be a mod per se, but more likely because you're telling players not to bother creating threads to ask questions.

While sometimes I agree that it's annoying to see the same questions get asked over and over again because some players don't bother to actually read the posts on the forums but at the same time you were discouraging them which can be seen as unfair.

Just my opinion. Don't let this get to you, it's not big deal. Take this time to join the wonderful Heroics PVE that rewards your hard work with a Ragnarok icon_e_wink.gif

Well the text of the warning was: "Warning for fasle information , and pretending to be a mod. Next warning will result in a ban."

Warning people what the mods will probably do is only discouraging if what the mods are doing is discouraging. Personally, I'd like people to make new threads when they think they have a unique topic, so discouraging them wasn't my aim.

It's too bad we don't have a place to discuss meta-board matters such as appropriate levels of moderation. If there were a place for feedback then making posts distributed across the general forum wouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, time for work now. Thanks for the input icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Raffoon wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Well, unless you're in LA. Then the police will come and say, "oh, the Lakers won again?"

Oops, did I just get this thread moved to the Sports forum??
  • Punisher5784
    OJSP wrote:
    Take this time to join the wonderful Heroics PVE that rewards your hard work with a Ragnarok icon_e_wink.gif
    You should be enjoying your honey moon instead.. icon_lol.gif

haha Honeymoon is over so I'm back on MPQ and she's back on Pinterest icon_lol.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    Take this time to join the wonderful Heroics PVE that rewards your hard work with a Ragnarok icon_e_wink.gif

haha Honeymoon is over so I'm back on MPQ and she's back on Pinterest icon_lol.gif

I've heard of Pinterest. Isn't that where your wife stares at her phone for 8 hours, then for dinner you eat salad out of Mason jars?
  • Punisher5784
    OJSP wrote:

I've heard of Pinterest. Isn't that where your wife stares at her phone for 8 hours, then for dinner you eat salad out of Mason jars?

haha something like that. To be fair, she did get a lot of great wedding ideas from it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You may not be a mod, but you are being a pain in the ****. Trying to catch up on the weekend's post means seeing your snide comments to the mods in every single thread, and believe me, if you've gotten ME to complain about snide comments, you're not gaining any sympathizers.
  • Punisher5784
    edited November 2015
    Can't we all just... get along?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    U MOD BRO?
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    You have made a sarcastic comment in every single one of the 10 threads I have read this morning. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt, but you are coming across as a complete jerk, not as the good Samaritan you make yourself out to be. If that's your intention, then so be it. I can't make you stop, but I'd appreciate not having to filter through your spite.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:

It's too bad we don't have a place to discuss meta-board matters such as appropriate levels of moderation. If there were a place for feedback then making posts distributed across the general forum wouldn't be necessary.

A video game publisher's forum is not a democracy, so there is no place for discussing moderation matters because doing so doesn't serve any purpose. If you feel a post is against the rules on in the wrong forum section, report the post. If you want an explanation on a moderation decision, PM a mod and they might give you one, assuming you ask politely. Finally, if you feel a moderator is grossly abusing his mod privileges, contact a dev. Backseat moderating and calling out mods in threads, however, is nothing but an annoyance to mods and forum users alike.
  • Raffoon
    edited November 2015
    You have made a sarcastic comment in every single one of the 10 threads I have read this morning. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt, but you are coming across as a complete jerk, not as the good Samaritan you make yourself out to be. If that's your intention, then so be it. I can't make you stop, but I'd appreciate not having to filter through your spite.

I'm not posting to be a good Samaritan, to be sarcastic, or to be a jerk. I posted to draw attention to the recent change in enforcement on the forums, where topics are constantly being moved and over-moderated. All of the posts I made could have just as easily been made by the mods, along with a change of subforum, based on the rules they've been enforcing recently. The fact that they've chosen not to make those moves only shows how arbitrarily their rules are being enforced.

There is no one case that has happened to me that has "hurt my feelings". I'm simply tired of seeing rules be applied in an arbitrary manner that discourages conversation.

Yeah, it seems silly when I post in every thread about how it should be in a different forum. It seems silly when the mods do it too.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    All good things in moderation...

Including moderation
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    I'm simply tired of seeing rules be applied in an arbitrary manner that discourages conversation.

Yeah, it seems silly when I post in every thread about how it should be in a different forum. It seems silly when the mods do it too.
    Then start your own topic to discuss the issue. Don't hijack everyone else's threads with your passive-aggressive nonsense. If you think you can do a better job, apply to be a moderator yourself or go start your own forum.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    The forums are over moderated now, imo. Whenever I see a locked thread I know who locked it.

So what if op's question gets answered? Does it really need to get locked as soon as it does? On any given day I'll scroll down the front page and see 5+ threads locked.
This discussion has been closed.