Webslinger PVP: Nick Fury purple cover reward @ 1000...lol

Feedthebeast
Feedthebeast Posts: 19
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Been playing this game for awhile so I already have him covered and enough of those covers that ive sold plenty of them already. Looks like I wont be playing this PVP. Only reason to play is getting the legendary token but I think its not worth wasting my precious HP for legendary token. Save myself from snipes n frustration. and if I do get the leg token, with my luck might even pull another purple nick fury cover. Lol. Maybe rotate new 4* characters in and old 4* characters out like you did with 3* back in days? Unless it is really Uncle Scrooge behind the scenes cause I need to talk to Huey Dewey and Louie about this situation.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You and I might not need that cover, but there's plenty of people out there that do. Having all the 4* characters rotate is a lot more fair than just featuring the most popular characters.
    That said... this is the third PvE in a row where I didn't need the 1000 point cover. Won't need the Professor X cover next time either. So sometime next week I might get some 4* covers I actually need from PvP.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    You and I might not need that cover, but there's plenty of people out there that do. Having all the 4* characters rotate is a lot more fair than just featuring the most popular characters.
    That said... this is the third PvE in a row where I didn't need the 1000 point cover. Won't need the Professor X cover next time either. So sometime next week I might get some 4* covers I actually need from PvP.

In the meantime what do we do?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

I play anyway. It passes the time and it gives me ISO I can use to build up my other characters.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:

Shield Simulator?
    PVP up to the point where you don't have to worry with the frustration of sniping?
    PVE?
    LR tomorrow?
    DPD?

failing that, maybe put the phone down and relax?
  • Jam_Adams wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Shield Simulator?
    PVP up to the point where you don't have to worry with the frustration of sniping?
    PVE?
    LR tomorrow?
    DPD?

failing that, maybe put the phone down and relax?

How do you know that theres LR tmw? is it on certain days?
  • Feedthebeast
    Feedthebeast Posts: 19
    edited November 2015
    OJSP wrote:
    They follow an alphabetical list, with the newest characters added in the following season. So, hopefully you can roughly predict when you need the covers next. Regarding the colour of the covers, they are random.

Thanks OJSP I didnt know that, now I know.
  • Quebbster
    Tuesday to Thursday is Lightning round days.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Tuesday to Thursday is Lightning round days.

Thanks Quebbster didnt know that either, always thought it was random.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    OJSP wrote:
    They follow an alphabetical list, with the newest characters added in the following season. So, hopefully you can roughly predict when you need the covers next. Regarding the colour of the covers, they are random.

Somehow I've been playing for over a year and had no idea the 4*s were alphabetical. Thought it was random. Thanks for that!
  • OJSP wrote:
    They follow an alphabetical list, with the newest characters added in the following season. So, hopefully you can roughly predict when you need the covers next. Regarding the colour of the covers, they are random

You dont happen to have the list do you? So at least I know what to expect.
  • Quebbster
    OJSP wrote:
    They follow an alphabetical list, with the newest characters added in the following season. So, hopefully you can roughly predict when you need the covers next. Regarding the colour of the covers, they are random

You can just check the odds list for Heroic tokens, it's alphabetized too. Professor X is next, then Red Hulk, Star-Lord, The Thing, Thor, Wolverine. They'll probably slip in X-23 somewhere in there, and Red Hulk may be skipped since he was recently introduced though... We'll see.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Each PVP should offer the player a choice of one newer cover or one older cover as the 1k progression reward.

Devs want bonus points? Make two bracket types in each time slice, one that has a newer 4* as the top 2 reward, and one that has an older 4* as the top 10 reward. Give players the choice of which bracket type to join. That way the ones who already have all of the older ones will be separated and give the ones still trying to catch up on older 4*'s a shot at the placement reward.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:

There's a Google Doc that was started a while back and linked to on the forums; I bookmarked it at that time: MPQ 4-Star Rotation and Predictions. The doc was even more useful when there was the 1300 reward rotation to track too. Now the rotation follows the pattern of first place 4-star reward becomes the 1000 progression in the next PvP (just the next color for that character), and then continuining in alphabetical order. New 4-stars get added in when they have their PvP. (As the first place reward for the PvP prior to theirs, then as the 1000 reward in their own PvP.)

So right now Professor X yellow is the first place reward for Spider-Man's PvP, so we can predict the 1000 reward for the next PvP to be Professor X blue. Also, the top 100 reward for Spider-Man is 3* Magneto, which means he is most likely the next PvP. The 1st place reward in Magneto will either be Star Lord (which would be the next alphabetical) or X-23, if her PvP is going to be after Magneto's.
  • Quebbster
    OJSP wrote:

There's a Google Doc that was started a while back and linked to on the forums; I bookmarked it at that time: MPQ 4-Star Rotation and Predictions. The doc was even more useful when there was the 1300 reward rotation to track too. Now the rotation follows the pattern of first place 4-star reward becomes the 1000 progression in the next PvP (just the next color for that character), and then continuining in alphabetical order. New 4-stars get added in when they have their PvP. (As the first place reward for the PvP prior to theirs, then as the 1000 reward in their own PvP.)

So right now Professor X yellow is the first place reward for Spider-Man's PvP, so we can predict the 1000 reward for the next PvP to be Professor X blue. Also, the top 100 reward for Spider-Man is 3* Magneto, which means he is most likely the next PvP. The 1st place reward in Magneto will either be Star Lord (which would be the next alphabetical) or X-23, if her PvP is going to be after Magneto's.
    I have a feeling we won't see a X-23 tournament until next week. The last few new character PvPs have all been in the Monday-Wednesday timeslot.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I personally am VERY grateful for the break from PVP that comes with not needing the 1000-pt cover!! Moreso in this case as I think I've gotten at least a dozen Fury purples so far, while still needing 1 more yellow and 2 blue for a longgggg time now. C'mon, RNG gods!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I personally am VERY grateful for the break from PVP that comes with not needing the 1000-pt cover!! Moreso in this case as I think I've gotten at least a dozen Fury purples so far, while still needing 1 more yellow and 2 blue for a longgggg time now. C'mon, RNG gods!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dirty heathen. There are no RNG Gods, only the one, true, RNGesus.