The Vault [Heroic PVE]

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So for the new Heroic pve, I have A Vault.

Now, I have a bunch of HP from the anniversary, more than I can reasonably spend on roster slots (up to 97 now) and would be happy to throw it at your lottery, except there are exactly 1.5 usable things in your vault of 80 items, and a 400hp reset has a very good chance of giving me the exact same 1.5 usable things - the 1 being New Wolverine and the 0.5 being the Legendary Token of Legendary Disappointment that has approximately 50% chance of being 1000 iso for me.

I honestly am ok with having a useless vault - I agreeably threw at least a token daily bit of hp at the useless Independence Vault and the previous new 4* release vaults in support of the idea of vaults, but this is supposed to be some kind of experiment, right? People who get the vault for one event get the normal token page for the next?

Except what the tinykitty kind of experiment is this anyway? This is the 3rd new character release vault, and the 3rd time I'm getting the pve version instead of the pvp version which would have more chance of not-iso, and truly, my stash of iso is approaching the magic 1 million and I desperately want things that are not iso. Can I have a do-over and get the pvp vault for once?

Mod Edit: Changed Thread title to add the event referred to, to not be confused with DDQ Vault

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I didn't get the heroic vault unfortunately. Would luv to trade ya. icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've been this for every new character release, half get a vault in their featured pve, the rest in their PvP. It's not exactly equal though since pve get many more free pulls
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    edited November 2015
    Your post is feedback about a game feature. Please expect that the mods will soon move it to a subforum that no one reads. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually prefer Vaults to random tokens. It's only piece of mind really but I like seeing what I can get, plus it's also nice to be able to rule stuff out and know that I can't get it again.

My first event token yielded a jaundiced baglady oddly I'm ok with that.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    PVE may get more pulls, but pvp have better chances of the new character. PVE get 1 cover, whereas PVP vault has all 3.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It would be interesting to hear some of the results from their experiments eventually. I remember when I used to play League of Legends they had a Ph.D that they hired specifically to look at player data, improve player experience and run experiments like this. He was very vocal about the results and included players in the learning fun.