A complaint [Time Management in Events]

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I get there are limitations with games, including this one. I get that some things are unchangeable without affecting profits, playability, costs etc. I don't get when there are things which can be changed and aren't.

Mere seconds ago I was at 41,987 points with one minute remaining in the last sub of the PVE and only 13 points from the legendary token. I lined up a quick easy match to quickly grab the points (and my token) turbo'd through the match only to find that when I'd already won 7 cascades in a row (again after I'd already downed the opponent) kept the match going longer than it should've been. I nervously awaited the final screen only to find a one two punch straight to the balls - not only had that stupid and unnecessary 7 in a row cascade delayed my finish time by enough seconds to cost me my points (and token) but also my characters still had the damage they suffered during the match.

Riddle me this devs! If the things that happen after sub time ends don't count (like my ! damned points and token) why the tinykitty do I still suffer the negative effects of it. The whole damn match should've been rendered nullified. It probably seems petty to complain about this but the only reason I am is that I spent 50hp on a health pack to revive IMHB to do that stupid node which didn't count (because of cascades that happened after the match was won) and win the token which I was only 13 points away from winning!

So in short if the match ends after node time (due to things which are NOT your fault) then you do not get the rewards of said match but still suffer any consequences!

It would be super cool if the devs could give me the damn Leg token that I should've won anyway (my IGN is dreadpool8) or at least give me back the HP that I spent before that match started. Neither will happen though.

Mod Edit: Language-ish

2nd Mod Edit:Thread Title Change to promote conversation, approved by OP

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why didn't you start with 2 mins remaining instead of 1?
  • OneLastGambit
    Why didn't you start with 2 mins remaining instead of 1?

I was on my way to work and got there with 2 mins remaining, by the time I'd revived IMHB and loaded the match I'm guessing there was roughly 1 min remaining. there are tons of things which I could've done differently. Why didn't I call in sick at work so I could do the match? Why didn't I stay up all night to earn the points? Why didn't I decide to not run statistical analysis for 4 hours yesterday for the research data from work? Why didn't may parents conceive me 2 mins earlier?

I understand that people might throw things like that at me, the point of my post is that I did everything in a reasonable way and the cascades which continued after the match had been won (and were therefore totally unneccesary) delayed my finish time when really the game should just stop after the match ends and not continue for absolutely no reason at all. I'd actually be fine with this happening If I got to keep the AP from the cascades and carry it into my next match but you don't - so this totally unnecessary thing which happens when the match has been won literally serves no purpose but to annoy.
  • defixu
    defixu Posts: 32
    1) Congratulations on complaining about board luck.
    2) Why did you do the IMHB essential node, when you could have done a trivial node much faster with Daken/Blade/Vision/Bullseye/etc? Less boardshake, more attack and strikes tiles -> a faster match. If you *did* a trivial node, I do not understand bringing IMHB, since he is not the fastest option for those nodes. Spending hero points for healthpacks to revive IMHB really takes the cake when it comes to making unwise decisions, though.
    3) I'd guess the penalty is there because you can exploit it in PVP. If you let a match run out after event ends, you don't receive points for it, but you also do not lose points. Having to pay in healthpacks for that exploit seems adequate.
    So in short if the match ends after node time (due to things which are NOT your fault) then you do not get the rewards of said match but still suffer any consequences!

See above for why it is like your fault that the match took too long. I am sorry for you not receiving your legendary token, but complaining that it is the game's fault is just ridiculous. Take some responsibility for your poor choices and poor timing.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I get there are limitations with games, including this one. I get that some things are unchangeable without affecting profits, playability, costs etc. I don't get when there are things which can be changed and aren't.

Mere seconds ago I was at 41,987 points with one minute remaining in the last sub of the PVE and only 13 points from the legendary token. I lined up a quick easy match to quickly grab the points (and my token) turbo'd through the match only to find that when I'd already won 7 cascades in a row (again after I'd already downed the opponent) kept the match going longer than it should've been. I nervously awaited the final screen only to find a one two punch straight to the balls - not only had that stupid and unnecessary 7 in a row cascade delayed my finish time by enough seconds to cost me my points (and token) but also my characters still had the damage they suffered during the match.

Riddle me this devs! If the things that happen after sub time ends don't count (like my ! damned points and token) why the tinykitty do I still suffer the negative effects of it. The whole damn match should've been rendered nullified. It probably seems petty to complain about this but the only reason I am is that I spent 50hp on a health pack to revive IMHB to do that stupid node which didn't count (because of cascades that happened after the match was won) and win the token which I was only 13 points away from winning!

It would be super cool if the devs could give me the damn Leg token that I should've won anyway (my IGN is dreadpool8) or at least give me back the HP that I spent before that match started. Neither will happen though.

Sorry buddy - repeat after me "It would have been Baglady, it would have been Baglady, it would have been Baglady ..."
  • OneLastGambit
    IlDuderino wrote:

Riddle me this devs! If the things that happen after sub time ends don't count (like my god damned points and token) why the tinykitty do I still suffer the negative effects of it. The whole damn match should've been rendered nullified. It probably seems petty to complain about this but the only reason I am is that I spent 50hp on a health pack to revive IMHB to do that stupid node which didn't count (because of cascades that happened after the match was won) and win the token which I was only 13 points away from winning!

Sorry buddy - repeat after me "It would have been Baglady, it would have been Baglady, it would have been Baglady ..."

My first event token from the Heroic event gave me....Bag lady ha ha. My second one ever. I'm fairly fortunate with Leg tokens and have not stacked up tons of bagladys
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Don't worry, your post will soon be moved. You've given "feedback" about the game and so this post needs to go into the feedback forum where only a fraction of the players look. Please rest assured the developers read that section of the forum all the time, they just have a policy of never ever responding to anything there. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's happened to me numerous times. The win should be registered before any cascades or other damage.

Missing it by only 13 pts.. sounds like you did not hit the 200 pts node that's in the main event every 8 hrs. It actually does make a difference.

I'm sure if you submit the request to support they will grant you the Legendary.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    While the OP's situation sucks, that's life and leaving it till the last minute caused this, not the board cascade, I agree that the second the last enemy (in the last wave if there are waves) hits 0 life, the game should stop and go to the results screen.
  • OneLastGambit
    I can see everyones point. Perhaps it feels harsh because its the first and only time this has ever happened to me, maybe it's coincidence that the slice finished an hour earlier than usual (due to daylight savings) and this spoiled my routine a little (which again is nobodys fault).

I did hit the 200 pointer on every refresh and again today until it was too low to matter.

I will say that since switching to the 'optimal clear' routine I have missed 2 legendary tokens from PVE whereas when I just ground it out all the time I got all of them. I think I'll switch back. I'm obviously not suited to timing my clears.

Lesson learned.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot about the time change as well, missed an entire clear start by close to an hour because of it. Glad this only happens twice a year.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I'm playing in s5 and the DST change occurred during one of my refreshes. It played havok on my timers, I didn't get full value for the nodes that I cleared, and they reset to 10 hour. that being said I'm still on pace to get top 2 in my bracket.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I will say that since switching to the 'optimal clear' routine I have missed 2 legendary tokens from PVE whereas when I just ground it out all the time I got all of them. I think I'll switch back. I'm obviously not suited to timing my clears.

You're sort of working without a net when doing optimal clears, in that it's all about the last sub, and sometimes life happens during the last sub.

I try to do 3 clears a day, but I'll also grind down the goon nodes and trivial nodes a couple extra times, for good measure, to give myself a bit of a buffer. It's a little bit more playing, but it gives me peace of mind, and lets me finish early in the final sub.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    sc0ville wrote:
    I'm playing in s5 and the DST change occurred during one of my refreshes. It played havok on my timers, I didn't get full value for the nodes that I cleared, and they reset to 10 hour. that being said I'm still on pace to get top 2 in my bracket.
    Only because I'm letting you icon_e_biggrin.gif