Stop purchases of roster slots in bundles

I started a completely F2P account a week ago, And I'm up to 13 slots at the moment.

Now to purchase roster slots I have to dish out 400 hp for 3 slots, which I feel is very unnecessary. I want to recruit 2* Steve for the PVE but I need to somehow scrimp and save 400hp, while I am still in semi-1* land.

Please stahp the purchases in bundles.

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    oh dont worry, it will stop. Soon you could have to spend 500+ imcoin.png for just one slot.
  • oh dont worry, it will stop. Soon you could have to spend 500+ imcoin.png for just one slot.

The point I am trying to make is that for players new to the game, the amount of hp they are able to earn does not correlate to the type of events (PVP and PVE) and how far they can go to earn that hp to recruit characters.

I'm currently up to 900hp per slot in my vet account, but am able to earn that much relatively quickly. That time frame should be similar to how fast new players should take to earn hp with their limited roster and limited capabilities in scoring for PVP/PVE.
  • OJSP wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    That time frame should be similar to how fast new players should take to earn hp with their limited roster and limited capabilities in scoring for PVP/PVE.
    I actually applaud vets who open new accounts to play again from the beginning. However, you shouldn't/couldn't compare the 2 accounts directly. You've already got the experience from playing the game for so long, I doubt a true new player would have 13 slots in a week (not saying that they couldn't do it, but they are rare).

From what I understand by reading a few of the developers' posts here, now as a new player we'll get HP more frequently from the Daily Resupply. Also, there are still the other ways to win HP that a savvy vet would be able to achieve.

Going back to your original suggestion: maybe it's to encourage newer players to purchase HP for the slots? or if we want to be more positive and less cynical, to teach them to prioritise the characters they want to keep?

Also, I think they sell the slots in bundles initially, to make the costs actually cheaper. Would you prefer a single slot for 150 HP instead (most likely they'll round the price up from 133.33 HP)? Maybe an option to buy 1 or 3 in bundles would be better (and it could be applied permanently beyond the 76th slot when it starts to cost 1000 HP: for example, 1 for 1000 or 3 for 2500 (it's likely going to be closer to 2700 if they do implement something like this..)?

Good points!

It's true that since I'm more savvy than a true-new player, it would be kinda inaccurate to compare. However if a savvy vet like myself is already finding it annoying to generate HP with a limited roster, I can't imagine how exasperated true-new players must feel when they're in my shoes.

I would also like to add that I have only completed the first 3 subs of the prologue; there are a few hp rewards in them. But those are hardly enough to get ready for actual PVE/PVPs.

I can (while thinking positive) imagine that prioritising is immensely important as you have mentioned, having gone through that myself last year, but a beef i did have even back then was that the unrecruited toons only have a lifespan of 14 days. Perhaps a solution to all the problems I have mentioned is removing the time limit of 14 days. I mean, what is the point of it, seriously? icon_e_confused.gif

Also, the way I see it, if they offer the slots in bundles with cheapened costs, then it really does point to the encouraging of buying hp. Since it is going to take an unfairly (IMO) long time to earn enough for that bundle, anyway. If they did the bundle right now (I'm at 67 slots in my vet account) I'd be seriously annoyed as well. And while I can't speak for the rest of the more seasoned players with similar rosters, I'd imagine they would feel that way too. Maybe. icon_e_surprised.gif