Question for the PvP Pros

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Its more morbid curiosity than anything, but when your playinf in a PvP and you finish for the day at say 643 points if when you get back on you have been attacked and won for 9 or so points does the game still reward you with the 650 token, or do you still have to play another match to register the points?

Like I say just curious, I'm not in this position and I'm sure it doesn't occur all that often.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Defensive victories count toward your progression points
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It depends on the sequence. Let's say you are attacked 2x. One loss for 30 points, one defensive win for 10. If the win came before the loss, you'll get the 650 reward. if the loss came first, then you won't reach the reward.
  • But if you're *shielded* and get hit a bunch of times, if one of them is a win then you get those points without being at risk. I once hit the 1000 PvP progression from getting a few defensive points while shielded!

I thought it was compensation for something until I realized what happened. (And thought about how unlikely a 4* would be as compensation for something...)
  • I had this exact thing happen to me, and at the exact same level (650) too! I got screwed/bugged and didn't get the token even though I should have since my score was sitting at 663. I had to play and win another match before it checked to see if I was over 650, and then I finally got the token. No biggie, but I was spiking for the reward and had no business being that high in the first place and just barely won before a bevy of attacks came in and wiped me back to low 500s.

Don't know if that was a bug just for me, or if that's what always happens when you get pushed over progression by a losing attacker.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
    I had this exact thing happen to me, and at the exact same level (650) too! I got screwed/bugged and didn't get the token even though I should have since my score was sitting at 663. I had to play and win another match before it checked to see if I was over 650
    This was what I expected, but it looks like they actually do reward you ex tempore. Good to know.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Your topic is a request for advice. As such, please expect that the mods will move this to the tips and guides section where it will never be read again. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    Your topic is a request for advice. As such, please expect that the mods will move this to the tips and guides section where it will never be read again. icon_rolleyes.gif

BZZZZZT wrong answer. Again.

This is actually a game-play question, and non-specific to any event. General discussion is where it belongs.. if a token was earned and not given, then it is a bug. As it sits, it is a question, asked and answered.. and will be locked as it's purpose has been fulfilled.

Locking Topic, asked and answered. If you have any questions about the locking of this OP, then feel free to PM me.
This discussion has been closed.