The 5 reasons I quit : helpful explaination

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi,

I love Marvel. I love your game, really. I ve been playing for 450+ days ! I even spent some money, mainly for slots.

I already left, then came back. Twice.
- The first time, I was tired of node finish at 5 am (I sleep). Fixed
- The second time, I was bored of 4 hours nodes (I work). Fixed
This time, I won't came back, because I think the problems can't be fixed - require to much modifications.

It's been a year or so I read this forum, wanted to post a long time ago about different subject.
I do post today for good reasons : I just want to help you in your next game. It would be a waste to just leave without telling my feelings.

So what is wrong here imho ? Why do I quit ?

1. The 4* wall.
I'm a 4* transitionner. I will never be able to make it. I ve got my full 3* chars lvl 166. Game over for me.
The DDQ4* requires to already have at least 5-6 covers of a 4* char. Seriously, it doesn't help 3* to make progress, it just help 4* players to complete their characters.

The obvious solution would be to allow a 3* chars to fight for the DDQ4*. I had so much hope in that event than my disappointment is terrible.

2. The events
Special event are really interesting and challenging. But they re not fully tested.
- Galactus
The first event was impossible. I, as a player, can't understand how that could happen.
You did it good the second time, but the damages were done.
- Required characters
I do not - and will never - understand why some characters are required on nodes. This generates nothing but frustration.
2 examples :
_ After Galactus failure - a character couldn't be won - and became required on next events. This locked the next events. Should not.
_ On the gauntlet event, one of the most interesting and challenging, some nodes can't be achieved without a character.
For a single node not played, the final prize can't be won.
The previous gauntlet, I completed all nodes but the final one. Already so challenging ! But no, sorry, game over. I dit not had the required 4* character. Sigh.

Why not the same rules than for versus ? Fight with the character as low level.

3. The time required
The game is based on amount of fights. The more you fight, the better is the score.
That's a choice. Be sure this is really selective and lot of people give up because of this.
That being said, the fights are so slow... Animations slow down everything... Ok, this is fun and help beginners, but why can't we disable animations and informations ?
After a year, I know that daken regen every turn, as do Wolverine. I know all animations by heart and not even notice them.

I can't spend my life playing. I wish I could icon_e_smile.gif

Decision have to be coherents : lot of fights = quick fights.

4. The rewards/compensations
Rewards are really disappointing.
Some days ago I received a 3* Captain America for my daily connection.
After 400+ days, I don't think that's serious. I could have built 3 full lazy cap since I play...

Compensations are even worse. When a crash happen - well I do not blame you, IT HAPPENS - I receive some tokens that often transform as 2* chars. Nothing but trash.

Just a comparison : Dokkan had some issue during the last update. They offered real compensation that I could compare to 500 gold in MPQ.

5. The characters covers

It's hard to level up a 3* to level 166. Cost a lot.
When I get a duplicate cover on a character that I have some troubles to level up - or to find a specific color, well, I sell it.
Selling do not even allow me to give my character a level...
So getting a 3* cover is hard, but is worth nothing when selling. Illogical.
I should be able to apply that cover to the character to boost him some levels (one more time Dokkan offer you that possibility, and that's not stupid)

One more opinion : there is too much characters right now. I can't even count how many 4* characters with 1 or 2 covers I stack in my roster, with hope...
Thank god I do not start playing today with the slot restrictions ! Poor newbies.

Conclusion

This post is as long as 450+ days playing.
That's a good game, could be better. I won't write on shields, life increase, useless characters, balancing not effective... (or I just did ? icon_e_smile.gif)
This has became a lot too frustrating ans discouraging for me.

Improve ! I hope I gave you some hints

See you !

Comments

• well said!!! I'm taking a small hiatus right now as I feel the same as you. I really hope things change for the better, as I really do enjoy this game when i'm in a position to actually make progress. I have a full 3* roster like you. You forgot one point, the 5stars just ruined what little fun I still had. I used to compete in pve, but now my scaling is screwed since I got OML and SS, a few covers doesn't make them useful. I understand the need for scaling, but instead of taking the 6 highest level players from your roster, how about using the 6 player you use most often.
  • You get a thumb from me, I agree on all of your points.
    Especially the animations, wanted to disable them already after my first week of playing. Or when you already beat the opponent, but the cascades keep coming and the victory screen will not appear icon_rolleyes.gif

also nice account name ^_^
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm close to fully covering my 3*s (only 11 covers left to respec/complete the handful of characters). However, after D3 increased the tokens odds for 4* and added the legendary tokens, I'm finding the rate of gaining 4* has increased a lot. For months (been playing for 300 days), all my 4* were between 1-5 covers (mainly either getting 3-4 from their release pve or getting the incredibly rare pull from a token). Now, apart for starlord (sold earlier in the year because I needed the roster slot during my 3* transition) and cylcops (first run of galactus was too hard), my 4* roster are creeping into 6-10 covers. If I had to estimate, I've probably gotten about 12-15 covers from the legendary tokens and another 5-6 from gold tokens and the about 8-10 from the 1k mark. Now I'm just dreading the amount of ISO I'll need to level all these 4* that will soon be usable.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    What he said.

I'm working towards the Heroic 10 pack in Season XX in the vain hope that I'll get a couple of 4* covers that I really need but after that I'm taking a break. I'm stuck in the transition, too. I don't have the time to grind PVE (and who wants to play the same old events anyway), I don't have the HP to shield hop in PVP (and I hate the very notion of it.) I can't go anywhere. I've got 17 max levelled 3* and the ones I have left to level I don't really care about enough to bother.

I want to move forward with my 4* roster, even just a little bit, but there's no way for somebody who plays like me to do it. It's such a **** shame because I really do love this game.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of being able to use a cover for a character to give that character a level, instead of having to sell it for a few meager iso8.png scraps. Or if that would be too abusive at the higher spectrum of leveing, at least make it double or triple the ISO value if applied directly to the character on the cover.
  • Really a pleasure to give you your 25th rep point and watch the post turn green…

Sadly, not so much a pleasure to lose yet another in a shrinking list of reasonable players.

Suffice it to say, I agree with every word you wrote, and I'm sorry you're giving up, but I get it. Believe me, I get it.

If you're looking for other Marvel games, do check out Marvel Future Fight. The roster slots, health packs, ISO & HP droughts, lack of progression, stingy "compensation," all of that and much, much more simply does not exist. Play on your own time, progression actually happens, no penalties for advancement (scaling & MMR, healing times, etc.). The game uses energy, but I've never run out. Frankly, they're so generous I'm usually drowning in it.

Good luck to you. icon_e_smile.gif

DBC
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I am in a very similar position to yourself (with the exception of having played for around 650 days) and have hit the wall with the 4* transition, I want to keep going but what has done it for me was the Blade pvp yesterday.

I can and have hit 1000 pts in PVP with some favourable buff chars and a few shields.

For the Blade pvp the 1000pts reward was a blueflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png ok, not the greatest 4* out there but with mine being 2/1/2 it makes sense to gather the covers for the 4*'s I have the most covers for so that I can then use them to win more......

I was running a 166 blade / 166 IF (both buffed) and a 166 Cyclops. I managed to get up to 910 pts with about 4/5hrs left after using an 8 and a 24hr shield.....great, was in a good position for the last dash, found a couple of 40 pts game (the highest I could find) dropped shield, played and won, attempted the 2nd game, played and won but I was attacked and lost about 30pts.......that was ok, flung up a 3hr shield and was sitting on 956 pts....even better, I was attached while shielded and won 8pts.....great, I can make the hop to 1000 with one game.......and this is where it went wrong.....could I make the last hop......no....I found a nice 39pt target, dropped shield, won and got a total of 12 pts, attempted to do another game......lost 120 pts, attempted one more.....lost 250, all in all, I finished on 676 pts......

All in All, I used around 20 health packs, 20 +1 all boosts around over 500 hp's and what progression have I made.....none....not one step forward.......I want to continue playing as I do enjoy the game but the lack of progression has pretty much worn me down
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingDon wrote:
    I am in a very similar position to yourself (with the exception of having played for around 650 days) and have hit the wall with the 4* transition, I want to keep going but what has done it for me was the Blade pvp yesterday.

I can and have hit 1000 pts in PVP with some favourable buff chars and a few shields.

For the Blade pvp the 1000pts reward was a blueflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png ok, not the greatest 4* out there but with mine being 2/1/2 it makes sense to gather the covers for the 4*'s I have the most covers for so that I can then use them to win more......

I was running a 166 blade / 166 IF (both buffed) and a 166 Cyclops. I managed to get up to 910 pts with about 4/5hrs left after using an 8 and a 24hr shield.....great, was in a good position for the last dash, found a couple of 40 pts game (the highest I could find) dropped shield, played and won, attempted the 2nd game, played and won but I was attacked and lost about 30pts.......that was ok, flung up a 3hr shield and was sitting on 956 pts....even better, I was attached while shielded and won 8pts.....great, I can make the hop to 1000 with one game.......and this is where it went wrong.....could I make the last hop......no....I found a nice 39pt target, dropped shield, won and got a total of 12 pts, attempted to do another game......lost 120 pts, attempted one more.....lost 250, all in all, I finished on 676 pts......

All in All, I used around 20 health packs, 20 +1 all boosts around over 500 hp's and what progression have I made.....none....not one step forward.......I want to continue playing as I do enjoy the game but the lack of progression has pretty much worn me down
    One of the hardest things about shield hopping is to resist the "just one more game" impulse. If you have already been hit, odds are very good you'll get hit again during the next game too. Perhaps repeatedly. Decide in advance how many games you can risk. After that, shield again. If you see a bunch of hits bouncing off your shield, you know you chose wisely. If you don't see many incoming hits... maybe you can risk one more game next time.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Hi,

I love Marvel. I love your game, really. I ve been playing for 450+ days ! I even spent some money, mainly for slots.

I already left, then came back. Twice.
    - The first time, I was tired of node finish at 5 am (I sleep). Fixed
    - The second time, I was bored of 4 hours nodes (I work). Fixed
    This time, I won't came back, because I think the problems can't be fixed - require to much modifications.

It's been a year or so I read this forum, wanted to post a long time ago about different subject.
    I do post today for good reasons : I just want to help you in your next game. It would be a waste to just leave without telling my feelings.

So what is wrong here imho ? Why do I quit ?

1. The 4* wall.
    I'm a 4* transitionner. I will never be able to make it. I ve got my full 3* chars lvl 166. Game over for me.
    The DDQ4* requires to already have at least 5-6 covers of a 4* char. Seriously, it doesn't help 3* to make progress, it just help 4* players to complete their characters.

The obvious solution would be to allow a 3* chars to fight for the DDQ4*. I had so much hope in that event than my disappointment is terrible.

2. The events
    Special event are really interesting and challenging. But they re not fully tested.
    - Galactus
    The first event was impossible. I, as a player, can't understand how that could happen.
    You did it good the second time, but the damages were done.
    - Required characters
    I do not - and will never - understand why some characters are required on nodes. This generates nothing but frustration.
    2 examples :
    _ After Galactus failure - a character couldn't be won - and became required on next events. This locked the next events. Should not.
    _ On the gauntlet event, one of the most interesting and challenging, some nodes can't be achieved without a character.
    For a single node not played, the final prize can't be won.
    The previous gauntlet, I completed all nodes but the final one. Already so challenging ! But no, sorry, game over. I dit not had the required 4* character. Sigh.

Why not the same rules than for versus ? Fight with the character as low level.

3. The time required
    The game is based on amount of fights. The more you fight, the better is the score.
    That's a choice. Be sure this is really selective and lot of people give up because of this.
    That being said, the fights are so slow... Animations slow down everything... Ok, this is fun and help beginners, but why can't we disable animations and informations ?
    After a year, I know that daken regen every turn, as do Wolverine. I know all animations by heart and not even notice them.

I can't spend my life playing. I wish I could icon_e_smile.gif

Decision have to be coherents : lot of fights = quick fights.

4. The rewards/compensations
    Rewards are really disappointing.
    Some days ago I received a 3* Captain America for my daily connection.
    After 400+ days, I don't think that's serious. I could have built 3 full lazy cap since I play...

Compensations are even worse. When a crash happen - well I do not blame you, IT HAPPENS - I receive some tokens that often transform as 2* chars. Nothing but trash.

Just a comparison : Dokkan had some issue during the last update. They offered real compensation that I could compare to 500 gold in MPQ.

5. The characters covers

It's hard to level up a 3* to level 166. Cost a lot.
    When I get a duplicate cover on a character that I have some troubles to level up - or to find a specific color, well, I sell it.
    Selling do not even allow me to give my character a level...
    So getting a 3* cover is hard, but is worth nothing when selling. Illogical.
    I should be able to apply that cover to the character to boost him some levels (one more time Dokkan offer you that possibility, and that's not stupid)

One more opinion : there is too much characters right now. I can't even count how many 4* characters with 1 or 2 covers I stack in my roster, with hope...
    Thank god I do not start playing today with the slot restrictions ! Poor newbies.

Conclusion

This post is as long as 450+ days playing.
    That's a good game, could be better. I won't write on shields, life increase, useless characters, balancing not effective... (or I just did ? icon_e_smile.gif)
    This has became a lot too frustrating ans discouraging for me.

Improve ! I hope I gave you some hints

See you !

Hello Hello_Goodbye and Goodbye Hello_Goodbye!