Holiday events.

Clintman
Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Every holiday, I log into MPQ and hope that there is some fun event going on for holidays. This is not a rant so much as a expectation that I have had for the past two years. I wonder, why don't you guys do something even as simple as a happy halloween message with 1500ISO and 100HP? A holiday LR or Ultron/Galactus type event would be even better. Just do something. Pretty much every other App I play with does something like this.

Comments

• This is great idea. I would not mind some new events made for holidays. It would be good break from rutine PVE's.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    1500 iso and 100 HP, are you insane!?!?!?! That would help us progress waaaaay too much! We'd skip right past our transitions and be unhappy again! They can't produce enough content to keep us going and be just handing out gifts willy-nilly!

I've seen cardboard lemonade stands with better business practices than this game.
  • imagine they give out 1/7th of a roster slot for free, Nah, that is too much, maybe 1/25th if we are lucky.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically they give you free stuff every day, Shield Resupply
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I posted this last week, but here it is again, from IceX in a private message to me:

As for general holiday release, it's really hard for us to move things around for specific holidays since we release characters every 2 weeks. Especially with something that lasts multiple days, it can throw off release plans that have to be pushed around due to Marvel publishing tie-ins. So what we do instead is just to stay completely holiday agnostic. We'll tie in to a holiday if it makes sense, but we don't actively seek out holidays to tie into. It also saves us headaches with trying to tie things in to world holidays.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    I posted this last week, but here it is again, from IceX in a private message to me:

As for general holiday release, it's really hard for us to move things around for specific holidays since we release characters every 2 weeks. Especially with something that lasts multiple days, it can throw off release plans that have to be pushed around due to Marvel publishing tie-ins. So what we do instead is just to stay completely holiday agnostic. We'll tie in to a holiday if it makes sense, but we don't actively seek out holidays to tie into. It also saves us headaches with trying to tie things in to world holidays.

Funny thing is the answer to this is fairly obvious, to me at any rate. Make holiday stuff non competitive, easy to accomplish so it does not conflict with the normally programmed grind, just layer it on top of what is normally programmed and treat it as fun fluff type stuff that does not conflict with release schedules.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Clintman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Funny thing is the answer to this is fairly obvious, to me at any rate. Make holiday stuff non competitive, easy to accomplish so it does not conflict with the normally programmed grind, just layer it on top of what is normally programmed and treat it as fun fluff type stuff that does not conflict with release schedules.

I am guessing that they don't have the staff to deal with the extra time needed to create new content for that, if new content for holidays is what you are referring to. They don't just give stuff out for free, so how else would they get holiday stuff for us if not through a PvE or PvP mode, short of making a non-competitive PvE just for the holiday?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've given us new PvEs for Christmas each year. Last year it was Enemy of the state, the year before The Hulk...
  • so their entire giant master plan for this game is to pump out more and more and more and more and more and more new characters and change NOTHING ELSE at all for the rest.
    I am looking forward to the future .... icon_cry.gif
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Clintman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

so,.. Holiday Gauntlets? or more like the Ant Man event?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    They've given us new PvEs for Christmas each year. Last year it was Enemy of the state, the year before The Hulk...

Oh yeah, I remember that. "Merry christmas, here's a new character and a 7 day event, get grinding."
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember that. "Merry christmas, here's a new character and a 7 day event, get grinding."

Oh my god I did nothing during the last two weeks of 2014 but grind the two EotS events. Bec pts refreshed every 2 hour 24 minutes then you had to play all the time if you want to get placement rewards.

Please devs don't pull the same thing for Holidays 2015! Non-competitive event but still with great rewards please! Holiday Gauntlet?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ram51 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh my god I did nothing during the last two weeks of 2014 but grind the two EotS events. Bec pts refreshed every 2 hour 24 minutes then you had to play all the time if you want to get placement rewards.

Please devs don't pull the same thing for Holidays 2015! Non-competitive event but still with great rewards please! Holiday Gauntlet?
    And the final opponent should be this guy:
    1269992-ultron_20santa.png
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Your post is a suggestion about giving people holiday things. Please stand by while the mods move it to a forum that no one reads. icon_rolleyes.gif