Would you play Pve more if the points stayed the same

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
in all of the rounds?

What i mean by this is people said they get tired of the grind in the PVE in later rounds since the pts go up so much. For those who left and stopped playing PVE would you go back to playing PVE If the points would remain the same in all the rounds. Meaning in round 1 the stages started at 370 pts, the stages would start at 370 pts in every round. IN stage one you can usually do 8 8 and then do the final grind that takes around an hour, but in later stages you might be playing 2 to 3 hours on that final grind what many dont have. Just wondering

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want T10, your end grind is always 2 - 3 hrs. Just because the earlier subs are worth less doesn't mean you don't need those points.

You may want to re-evaluate your PVE strategy.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    My reading comprehension must be off. What would that accomplish?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    If you want T10, your end grind is always 2 - 3 hrs. Just because the earlier subs are worth less doesn't mean you don't need those points.

when nodes start around 370 if you do an 8, then another 8. your grind to 1s on the final grind should be around 1 maybe a little longer. when nodes are like 650 its going to take 2 to 3 hours to get them to 1 from a full refresh.. Many do not have 2 to 3 hours to sit to play at the end all i was saying.

ALSO it would be nice if they would say something if the Crafting thing is real or not
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Ugh wrong, grinds always require 6 clears to 1, regardless of how much points they actually give.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

when nodes start around 370 if you do an 8, then another 8. your grind to 1s on the final grind should be around 1 maybe a little longer. when nodes are like 650 its going to take 2 to 3 hours to get them to 1 from a full refresh.. Many do not have 2 to 3 hours to sit to play at the end all i was saying.

ALSO it would be nice if they would say something if the Crafting thing is real or not

Incorrect.
    The formula is the same regardless of what the base points are. If points in each sub are X, then 1.5X, and then 2X you still follow the pattern of grind to 1.

In sub 1 you might see points that look like
    100, 80, 60, 40, 20, 10, 1
    Then in sub 3 you'll see
    200, 160, 120, 80, 40, 20, 1.

Sure sub 3 looks like it's more points, but the formula is the same, just for smaller point values.

If you have to miss out on a grind, the earlier subs are definitely less important, but if you have someone who is hitting everything to 1 in each sub, then yes, the 13 points you missed because you didn't want to grind down to 1 in the first sub, will in fact cost you.
  • slidecage wrote:
    when nodes start around 370 if you do an 8, then another 8. your grind to 1s on the final grind should be around 1 maybe a little longer. when nodes are like 650 its going to take 2 to 3 hours to get them to 1 from a full refresh..

A grind to 1 is 6 matches per node and doesn't depend on the starting value of the node as long as it's fully refreshed. So what are you even on about?

Suggestions that show misunderstanding of the basic game mechanics don't really help anybody.

And no, I don't want the point curve to be flatter. It's bad enough for events like Unstable ISO-8 when the curve within a sub is very flat and one cannot get away with grinding only a few of the nodes and must really hit all 9 every round.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    If points were larger in the first few subs I'd consider playing PvE. I sit PvE out because I hate doing the same nodes over and over against over-leveled weenies. If I could hit progression rewards by spreading my playing time out throughout the event (1-2 clears per day every day of the event instead of 2-3 clears per day the last several days) I'd consider playing them. Grinding to 1 is the epitome of madness to me, and I'd sooner quit the game entirely before I totally hated it.
  • If points were larger in the first few subs I'd consider playing PvE. I sit PvE out because I hate doing the same nodes over and over against over-leveled weenies. If I could hit progression rewards by spreading my playing time out throughout the event (1-2 clears per day every day of the event instead of 2-3 clears per day the last several days) I'd consider playing them. Grinding to 1 is the epitome of madness to me, and I'd sooner quit the game entirely before I totally hated it.

With the exception of Enemy of the State (the wave nodes make the math wonky due to some later subs without waves offering less available points than earlier wave-enabled subs), every PVE since Legendary Tokens were introduced has been able to hit the Legendary Token by doing 3 clears per sub, starting from day one. They don't have to be optimal and right when the sub opens and then every 8 hours on the dot. I've usually hit the token before the last day when I've done that plus a few extra hits on high point nodes to secure top 50 in subs for the HP.

If you just want to hit all of the progression rewards, and don't care about overall placement I would recommend the following:
    Pre-join the event. Once it's open, hit each (24 hour) sub 2-3 times at some point while it's open. If it's a 48 hour sub, 5-6 times. Try and space them out so you're not doing 3x right away, but the nodes have time to refresh. You can go a little lighter on earlier subs since the points get better in later subs, and depending on how it's looking you can eventually stick to just the essentials and the three high point nodes per sub. The usual breakdown, apart from any one-time nodes, is 3 trivial nodes, 3 essentials, and 3 medium-hard nodes.

From personal experience doing just that much will often get you top 100 in each sub, and a little bit more gets you top 50 and some HP in a sub. If you keep going with it, you'll likely end up top 50 overall for the event since many people stop right after getting the final progression reward.