Wait, why is this 8 hour refresh now 9 hours?

Nooneelsesname
Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
Not putting this in bugs because I think it was design oversight rather than malfunction.

About to hit my 11pm refresh on the West Coast, timer all of a sudden goes from 7min til full to 1hr 7min til full. I'm assuming the reason is East Coast servers hit 2am and that made things go screwy. It's late and now I'll be staying up another hour rather than get the extra hour of sleep from daylight savings time.

This seems like it will mess with the end time for the event, it will probably make more sense in the morning, but it's late and I can't math right now and I just wanted to hit my refresh and then sleep.

Alliance mates are reporting that PvP end timers got weird as well.

Devs, I really wish you would give notice about how the game is going to take into account major foreseeable issues like this. And on a new character release. Again.

I don't think there is any reason for a player to expect this behavior. We should expect 8 hour refreshes the whole way through especially since the end times were advertised on signup as being different than normal.

I don't know what else to say. In our alliance when the commanders make a mistake in coordination we feel terrible, communicate with the people who were affected and try to make it right for them.

I hate feeling like I care more about this game as a hobby than you all do as a job.

Edit: By the time midnight rolled around all of my nodes were at full points, even the ones that shouldn't have been for another half hour. Have no idea when that happened.

Also have an alliance member who has an hour gap in their timers between Crossing Borders and Dockside Deal. So in tight races for T2, how this refresh got played will make all the difference as it's possible for some players to have a full extra hour of point refresh on their nodes.

I think the right thing to do is offer X-23 rewards again on a future PvE like was done with Carnage.

Comments

• nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Ello bracket buddy!

I had the same problem, and then all of a sudden the nodes showed that they were full. Tapped one and wound up being 2 points short.

Ridiculous.

-MissBehave
  • Nooneelsesname
    Hi! This you, me and FierceKiwi thing is fun this once but let's never do it again. Oy.

And since it looks like there was a timer change during that intervening hour who knows where we really stand. Meh. Good luck!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's already a thread on this topic in General. Since this one is specifically directed to the devs, I'm moving it to Suggestions and Feedback.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Wish you wouldn't as that other thread didn't exist when I started writing this and I think the one thread per topic thing is bad forum policy, but I guess it's up to you.

Thank you for giving me a heads up and doing it on a delay rather than just moving it immediately.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Yeah, heaven forbid there should be more than 1 thread about a topic that some people think is important.

How about this.... If people only want to talk about things in one thread, then they'll just reply to one thread and the other threads will fade away.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why have another event with X-23 as rewards when it's easier to just give out a X-23 cover? Do we really want another PVE grind fest?