Daylight Saving Time Node Refresh Issue!

meekersX
meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The time change causes an extra hour to be required for node refreshes, but it is not reflected in-game if the change has not yet happened in your time zone. As I am in US Central, and the servers are in US East, all nodes I completed after 1am Central had an extra hour of refresh tacked on. This refresh was not reflected in-game before completing the node. Evcen though the node showed full points, after completing the match I received points as if an hour less has passed.

I lost quite a few points in my latest refresh clear because I didn't realize this could be an issue. I screwed myself out of 1/8th of a refresh on 6 nodes this refresh. I consider this a pretty big deal considering this is a new character release and the differences between placement tiers are often razor thin. Node refresh times should use a time zone independent of daylight saving, and this is poor coding to do it any other way.

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    It's pretty pathetic really that we have to deal with such trivial issues still after 2 years.....how is this overlooked?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Shields in PvP were also effected. I hopped about 10 minutes after the time change (EST) and put up an 8 hour shield and it read 6h 59m left after I put it up.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    meekersX wrote:
    Anyway, I can't be certain, but I assume setting your time zone to US East would prevent at least the display issue occurring for others.
    Assuming your play on your phone, altering the clock manually is probably not a good idea. It would lead to injured characters and funny health pack refresh times. The safest way is to wait for the phone to update the time automatically. I'm not sure about playing on the computer, but I assume it would be the same.
    I guess I shouldn't have assumed that it would break other things! icon_lol.gif Removing the recommendation from my initial post.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I'm pretty sure that just happened to me too. I was wondering why my next refresh was suddenly 9 hours away even after I though I had timed my clear correctly.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    OJSP wrote:
    meekersX wrote:
    Anyway, I can't be certain, but I assume setting your time zone to US East would prevent at least the display issue occurring for others.
    Assuming your play on your phone, altering the clock manually is probably not a good idea. It would lead to injured characters and funny health pack refresh times. The safest way is to wait for the phone to update the time automatically. I'm not sure about playing on the computer, but I assume it would be the same.

Timers are all server based AFAIK. IIRC they switched it to server side because people were abusing health pack refreshes by manually changing their time on their devices, especially on Steam.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    ****! I just checked and they are all needing another hour again!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Okay, that was messed up.

My shield had an hour added to it, but my health packs dropped by two.

Then when the shield was originally supposed to expire, it apparently did - suddenly losing that added hour. I did get the health packs back, but sheesh. I was sitting there unshielded and wouldn't have even know it if I weren't checking to for line up a match.

Yeah.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played during the change, and now 6 nodes are on the normal refresh timer, while the final 3 nodes are on an extra hour, which means less points in the end grind, which in my super tight T10 means most likely missing out on a whole reward tier.

To add insult to injury, I had to use 7 health packs because everyone I used during that clear was dead.

Seriously, you make a game that requires playing at very specific times.
    How can you not plan ahead or at least communicate what will happen with your game during the time switch?
    How does this get overlooked?

I got up an hour early on a Sunday to get my run in before my optimal clear - now I lost 37 points in the sub, and potentially a few hundred points for the end grind.
    I'm _this_ close to rage quitting.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    To add insult to injury, I had to use 7 health packs because everyone I used during that clear was dead.

THIS. I was very confused as to why the 4 toons I used recently for Blade PVP were suddenly and inexplicably dead. Not just injured as if I accidentally closed the app mid-fight (I play at work, so it happens from time to time), but DEAD.

Having to use 4 healthpack.png BEFORE my planned PVP climb (300-800) really sucks. I was forced to shield early to let healthpack.png regenerate.

I was initially confused as to what happened. Now I'm just confused as to how they could let this happen at all...
    DST has been around since WW1, you've had plenty of time to prepare for this!!!
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Just got word from an alliance mate that his sub in PVE end an hour early and cost him Top 10..check ur end times!

Darknes21
    LogansLoonies
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    New character release: check
    Weekend: check
    Holiday: check
    Major game malfunction: check
    No one around to communicate what's going on: check

Just another day in MPQ
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Just got word from an alliance mate that his sub in PVE end an hour early and cost him Top 10..check ur end times!

Darknes21
    LogansLoonies

It might be that the server side kept the original expiration, but the display side on your screen tacked on an extra hour FALSELY. I once had this issue with shield cooldowns a while back. This is going to make a lot of optimal grinders angry. . . icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Having shield cool down timers increase an hour messed my schedule up and caused me to buy a 24h. The part that stings most is we'll likely never hear from anyone on this. Also had no loss hop that straight up subtracted 30 points for no reason, no hits and all scores confirmed. First pvp I stopped short of the token.

Devs don't care about their game, maybe I won't either.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Well, considering it took them 30 hours to say anything about the anniversary event, I'd expect a statement on this issue somewhere between next Friday and never.
  • mistical725
    mistical725 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    This glitch cost me top 2 in the X-23 pve. I almost missed top 10, ended up 6th and was ticked.