Make all nodes either 24 or 48 hours.

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Wondering how many people messed up when they did not check their nodes for the second stage of the PVE today. Thats right its a 48 hour nod. Was in 5th place after day one but cause i though it was a 24 hour nod who knows how bad this will knock me

Lets keep it either per 24 hour nodes or 48 hours nodes

who else is sick of changing up the times in the middle of events.

Really i think all 3 days should be 24 24 24 and 4 days should be 48 48

at least it gives me the rest of the weekend off now ..no reason to play since top 20 is probally out of reach and who cares if you take 21th cause you get the same cover as 100th

Comments

• This means that you get smarter the next time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think there are enough events that would fit the 4 day slot that have only two or four subs - I think Deadpool vs MPQ is the only one that fits the bill, in fact. Would you like to play that every time there is a new character release?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's terribly hard to remember that 4 day events are 24/48/24.

It's MPQs version of the Darwin awards.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

If only there was a timer that clearly displayed this information...

zoGCdcA.jpg?1
  • I really wish there was a place the game displayed how much time was remaining in an event. Maybe an informative black bar across the top of the sub event page. It could include the name of the sub (For example Mediterranean) and the TIME LEFT, say... 1d 8h.

I think there's some unused space right underneath where it tells me how much HP I have, and right above where I can find out the event rewards via the trophy icon. Seems like that would be a great place to put that information.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone who upvoted the OP is clearly desperate to complain about anything.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously the best option would be for every node to be 24 hours long with the added bonus that we don't miss out on an extra event token.
  • Crowl wrote:
    Obviously the best option would be for every node to be 24 hours long with the added bonus that we don't miss out on an extra event token.

I'll take the extra 50HP in top 10 for the sub (100, 250, 100 versus 100x4) plus one less grind over an extra token every time.

Heck, I'll just take one less grind every time.
  • Quebbster
    j12601 wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

I'll take the extra 50HP in top 10 for the sub (100, 250, 100 versus 100x4) plus one less grind over an extra token every time.

Heck, I'll just take one less grind every time.
    I'm more motivated to push for top 10 in a 48 hour sub. 50 vs 100 HP is not a big deal, but 100 vs 250 is... At least it feels that way.
    Also, the 48 hour node always seems to end on Sunday, meaning no grinding needed on Saturday. I appreciate that.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    vinicius18 wrote:
    This means that you get smarter the next time.
    Don't count on it.
  • how is 48 hours different from 24?
    you still beat each node every 8 hours...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Yeah, I noticed sub 2 is 48 hours and immediately shouted it out in my alliance chat. I'm personally t10 in a very tight bracket, and this is the sort of mistake that drops you down like a rock.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    how is 48 hours different from 24?
    24 hour: hit, hit, hit, grind
    48 hour: hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, grind
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Frasaria wrote:
    how is 48 hours different from 24?

Hitting the nodes every 8 is the same but 24-24 vs 48 means only having to grind once instead of twice.

I actually prefer 48h subs and wish they would do more of them. I get more freedom in 48s
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    In other news ... wow, that PVE is still labeled "Dark Reign"??? Thought that was dropped a while back, and the Dark Avengers were promoted to usual suspects status.
    All the stories that are part of the Dark Reign storyline are labelled as Dark Reign. Only the game's subtitle was removed.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yea yea. 3-day events should have a 72 hour node. 4-day events should be 96 hours, and a week-long event should be 168 hours, no?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only there was an in-game timer, multiple forum posts and a reminder in the alliance in-game chat. Not counting LINE, because we miss you there.

Sincerely, your fellow CAGPVEngers.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Yea yea. 3-day events should have a 72 hour node. 4-day events should be 96 hours, and a week-long event should be 168 hours, no?
    Unstable ISO used to be like that. It wasn't pretty.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

dont think all 4 day events are that are they?

o well like i said im just going to to the final reward and stopping

21 is the same as 101 and already have top 100 mostly locked

ALSO

a retreat treated the same as a lost meaning that damage still counts right
  • Quebbster
    slidecage wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

dont think all 4 day events are that are they?
    Deadpool vs MPQ is 2x48 hours. I think all other 4 day events are 24, 48, 24 hours.
    I certainly wouldn't complain if The Hunt was retooled so the 48 hour node was NOT FLORIDA though...

EDIT: I think Thick as Thieves is 4 x 24 hours now. So that's two deviants...