teamup request once every half hour

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
new silent feature,and i wonder why i cant get another request if my fellow teammates attended to my request asap

why is it have to be once every half hour when you guys implemented the cooldown for every character sent

why why why

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume your alliance buddies asked for it. icon_razz.gif
  • It has been this way for ages. Nothing new here.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, and I only stumble on it accidentally. Are you waiting until you're out of team ups to ask?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Team ups have a cooldown, true. Did you ever stop to consider the other people in your alliance may also need team ups?

It's courtesy to only ask for team ups every 24 hours or so. I'd also say if you need team ups that often you're punching above your weight and it's unsustainable. If it's gauntlet or something I can understand.

Better to ask for tips than team ups on tricky nodes.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    thisone wrote:
    Team ups have a cooldown, true. Did you ever stop to consider the other people in your alliance may also need team ups?

It's courtesy to only ask for team ups every 24 hours or so. I'd also say if you need team ups that often you're punching above your weight and it's unsustainable. If it's gauntlet or something I can understand.

Okay, that's stupid. I actually like using TUs and enjoy using them to shorten match time. They help in a pinch, as well. Just because you don't feel the need to use them doesn't mean everyone else who does is "punching above their weight."
  • jdoe893
    Quebbster wrote:
    I assume your alliance buddies asked for it. icon_razz.gif
    it was the other way around icon_cool.gif
  • jdoe893
    j12601 wrote:
    It has been this way for ages. Nothing new here.
    im pretty sure it was not the case
  • jdoe893
    thisone wrote:

thats why we have 20 peeps in an alliance so that teamups are quickly obtainable
  • dider152 wrote:
    thisone wrote:

Okay, that's stupid. I actually like using TUs and enjoy using them to shorten match time. They help in a pinch, as well. Just because you don't feel the need to use them doesn't mean everyone else who does is "punching above their weight."

If you are using them so much that getting 5 from alliance mates every 30 minutes, plus whatever you earn from playing matches, is not enough then I would agree you are playing beyond what your roster can handle.

We have some heavy TU user in our alliance, and when I say heavy I mean they might ask twice a day for them. Then there are those of us who only use them as a last ditch to not lose a match and never set specific ones when loading. I think I personally use an average of maybe 1 TU a week, and request them maybe every other month since I'll usually just replace from winning PVP matches.

I still have a level 395 LThor team-up from when you could still win those in PVE, so that's about how often I use them.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Or we could just remove team ups completely from the game. They are just another way the AI gets an advantage. I rarely use them. Outside Gauntlet where everyone in the alliance is doling out Whales! Whales! Whales! for the week prior or, some other specific event where, a particular TU is very handy.
  • I tend to go in waves with T-Us.

Something like Ultron or Galactus, Gauntlet, or even making a run in PvP might increase my requests, but even then, maybe 2-3 times a day, and if I get to that level, I'm always very apologetic and appreciative via chat.

For the most part though, especially with my 3*s taking over the DDQ-BE, I find I'm asking maybe 1-2 times a week? Usually less? Pretty sure I was asking a bit more right around the time my 3*s were beginning to take over for my 2*s, and I really like the usage of the phrase, "punching above your weight," because I feel it probably pretty accurately illustrates what was happening for me at that time.

With 20+ comfortably covered 3*s, I'm either going to win or not, the T-Us shouldn't be making or breaking that eventuality.

DBC