Cascades and AP generation.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just had a fairly nice cascade go off for me, and I saw my AP totals update in real-time as it was happening. Clearly, the game is capable of doing that for the human player.

OTOH, there are plenty of stories about the AI pulling abilities out of its **** when the AP count doesn't reflect that ability, and we're told "oh, the AP counter just can't keep up."

So my question is...what gives? Why can it keep up for the human player but not the AI? What's the bottleneck that prevents the AI total from displaying "properly" until it's dropped five powers on you following a seven-match cascade?

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don't ask them to bring back the banners that covered the screen whenever goons generate stuff. I actually miss the original display that showed what changed.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Please don't ask them to bring back the banners that covered the screen whenever goons generate stuff. I actually miss the original display that showed what changed.

I don't play (much) on mobile, so I never saw that much. I'm just saying, when I'm playing on Steam - where everything is right there and visible - why does my AP counter update in real-time, while the AI counter waits until after a nice long cascade lets it trigger 5 power uses before it updates? Why is one affected by a cascade and the other is able to keep up?