Are covers that expire "sold" or do they just vanish?

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I recently started hoarding 2* covers in my "Claim Your Rewards" area. I did this as I can't afford to roster all of the 2*s that it would take to always have the essential one for PVE. I have one roster slot that i use to cycle in whichever 2* is essential, and I have OBW and Ares permanently on my roster so I can play DPD.

My question in the subject line is, when the covers I have hoarded expire, do I get the 250 ISO for them, or do they just vanish? It's annoying to have to go in - and scroll through the broken scrolling - to sell off the ones that are about to expire. I'd rather just let them expire and at least get the ISO.

IGN: xidragonxi
Alliance: Dormammu Tech (formerly Godlike)

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    I recently started hoarding 2* covers in my "Claim Your Rewards" area. I did this as I can't afford to roster all of the 2*s that it would take to always have the essential one for PVE. I have one roster slot that i use to cycle in whichever 2* is essential, and I have OBW and Ares permanently on my roster so I can play DPD.

My question in the subject line is, when the covers I have hoarded expire, do I get the 250 ISO for them, or do they just vanish? It's annoying to have to go in - and scroll through the broken scrolling - to sell off the ones that are about to expire. I'd rather just let them expire and at least get the ISO.

IGN: xidragonxi
    Alliance: Dormammu Tech (formerly Godlike)

you need to sell them or they expire into the either.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Isn't that silly? We should request the change. Why wouldn't we want to sell them if the alternative is bupkiss?
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    There are several things in this game that leave you scratching your head. But they're there because people still throw a lot of money at this game so they can overlook a lot of potential flaws and keep pumping out new content instead, even if the very content they produce are also pretty sub-standard. The whole thing is a nonsensical mess, really.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Isn't that silly? We should request the change. Why wouldn't we want to sell them if the alternative is bupkiss?

They need to make far more changes than that to queued covers, such as drastically upping the expiry time for higher rank covers (no expiry at all on 5*) and also up the sell value of 3* and above covers by quite a lot too.
  • The uncertainty of the roster queue is yet another mechanism to help pressure players toward the key revenue stream of roster slots, of course.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    xidragonxi wrote:
    IMO it's one of the many incentives for logging daily.
    This sort of online game need to be sure players are hooked to the game... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • all decisions made in mpq are to scare you away, so it is only obvious that they expire and you get nothing in return. Happened to me with several covers as well when i was unable to login for a few days and i knew i could do nothing to prevent them from expiring. Next time i logged in, ISO was still close to 0, so i didnt get anything.