Spending HP on 3* covers

Clyve
Clyve Posts: 91
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I've got a pretty solid roster of 3* characters (9 at 166, 29 with 13 covers), but I'm lacking on a few characters. Specifically, I'm referring to Iron Fist who's at 4 greenflag.png 3 purpleflag.png 5 blackflag.png and Scarlet Witch at 3 purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png 2 blueflag.png . What are the thoughts on using HP to purchase key covers for those characters? I have 2700 HP. I'm generally of the opinion that I should save spending HP on 4* characters instead, especially since DDQ will eventually get you the covers you want, but I'm wondering if covering Iron Fist with the ideal spread will provide a large enough boost to make it worth while. So?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'll tell you my experience and my opinion. unless you have plenty of disposable income (in which case do whatever you feel like), I'd only recommend spending if it will change your performance in the game. for someone early in the 3* transition, if they luck into almost having a top tier pair ready, finishing them can push them into t100 range way more quickly than might have otherwise happened, which will make a huge difference in their transition time. I did this way back when with thor and loki (beginning of the year) and immediately went from not being able to make t100 in pvp, to not missing t100 in pvp. that made a lot of sense to me. I also put the 5th red on cap before hb release EotS, without which I'm sure I would not have finished as high as I did. I also recently put a 5th red on hb, which I started using in pvp right after.

so, from what you described as your situation, it doesn't sound like a few 3* covers will appreciably change your performance in the game. as such I would not recommend spending hp on them unless you just really want to. both are great characters that I use nearly daily.

FYI - I look at it from an ROI angle and not everyone looks at it that way. if it will help you enjoy the game, do it. for me, my enjoyment is tied a lot to my performance - not the case for all.