"You're supposed to lose"

Anyone remember those words about Galactus from the devs?

I've still got them ringing in my ears every time I use ten health packs and still can't beat the DDQ.

Comments

• The Awb wrote:
    I use ten health packs and still can't beat the DDQ.

Sounds like things are "Working As Intended"

marc
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Well, you are. Look at the reward structure. Only the top 100 get a three star cover in pvp. That means all the other 1900 people are destined to lose. Number 1 placement gets a 4*. You're not intended to win that, its intended that 1999 other people will lose on that.

That's the game. It is designed specifically for a certain percentage to lose, and only a certain percentage to win. Some people love this, some people hate this, but that is the game.
  • I had real high hopes for today's ddq. The next one is going to be prof X. Mine is 5/4/3, at this point I have no clue if that is going to be enough for a win. Is anyone else becoming more and more discouraged by this "4* transition". I would have thought that about 7 covers in a character would suffice in winning. Now I just don't even know anymore. icon_e_sad.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    Well, you are. Look at the reward structure. Only the top 100 get a three star cover in pvp. That means all the other 1900 people are destined to lose. Number 1 placement gets a 4*. You're not intended to win that, its intended that 1999 other people will lose on that.

That's the game. It is designed specifically for a certain percentage to lose, and only a certain percentage to win. Some people love this, some people hate this, but that is the game.

Aren't PVP brackets 500?