New 3* Essential DDQ Node

xequalsy
xequalsy Posts: 231
Hey all, today my suggestion is to do with DDQ. Some of the complaints about the new 4* DDQ node is that there isn't an intermediary node in difficulty, it's much harder than the BE and is a different format. I think the lack of ISO has almost always been a complaint too about the game. So my suggestion is to come up with a solution for both.

I want to propose a new daily 3* essential DDQ node, which gives out a moderate amount of ISO - say around 2.5k or 3k ISO. Nothing too crazy, but enough that it will add up and help ease the 3*/4* players's pains with ISO. The ISO reward instead of a cover (3* or 4*) is because I think increasing ISO flow for the higher end of players is equally important, as well as I think this will be more likely to happen if it doesn't involve giving out more covers. Another possibility is to add another progression to DDQ, and attach the ISO there, and then give out another taco token in this node.

To keep it out of the reach of 2* and lower players, I think the difficult of the node should be much harder than the BE, but should be easier than the 4* DDQ node. Here are a few ways I've thought of to do this:

1) 3* essential (the same as the one awarded in BE for that day), against 3 level 270 4*s. You'll be able to fight 3vs3, but no teamups:

Pros:
- Helps people realise that 4*s are very beatable using only 3*s.
- I think it is of an intermediate difficulty, and a good challenge for 3* players. Am a little concerned that 2* players will be able to beat this regularly with stormneto for example though - could get around this by requiring 3*s only.
- By making one of the 3 characters the essential, it encourages people to have a broad roster.

Cons:
- Most of the time, the essential is meaningless, can probably carry fights with a solid duo of 3*s - like SW/DP for example.
- Could be too easy, even with teamups disabled, since not every time can be against JG/IMHB/Carnage etc... Days where you fight SL or Elektra will be disproportionately easy.

2) 3* essential, and similar to the 4* DDQ, you fight 1vs1 against a level 166 opponent:

Pros:
- Definitely encourages people to have a broad roster and to level their 3*s some.
- I like the 1vs1 aspect of the 4* node, and it's definitely worth exploring it in other places.

Cons:
- Some characters would be no fun to play, such as spiderman or falcon. I mean falcon against Elektra might be fun, since you get given strike tiles to buff with yellow, but they might get stolen back. Can't think of anyone cool/interesting for spiderman to face though.
- May be too easy, can definitely see 5-6 cover 3*s beating this node, which I'm not sure is the desired outcome.

Both of my ideas used the 3* essential, because then it sets itself up as the node all 3* players should be able to beat regularly, and give the 2-3* transitioners something to aim for in terms of being able to win. It also handily gates the ISO and token so that 1-2* play isn't sped up too much.

I welcome other ideas about another DDQ node.

Comments

• I vote for suggestion 2.

But just to throw another idea out there...

2vs2?

Having a second character could help out for Spidey, Loki, Falcon days. etc.

If code allows, could even make a 2vs2 node with 2 essentials, so both characters are essential for the same node. That could make for some fun or comic themed forced pairings, could even have a 3* essential and a 4* essential partner. Or you could award specific 4* covers, that way you can build a 4* by having your 3* carry them while it still requires you to have your first cover for the 4* just like the 3* nodes.

4* icon_ironman.png with 3* icon_captainamerica.png essential?
    icon_starlord.pngicon_gamora.png ?
    icon_elektra.pngicon_daredevil.png ?
    icon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_humantorch.png
    icon_devildino.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png
    icon_professorx.pngicon_magneto.png
    icon_jeangrey.png with 3* icon_cyclops.png ?