Ms Marvel's Strategic Command

jtmagee
jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is a question for the Devs. I already posted this in the character's page, but figured it would be answered quicker here.

Why is her Strategic Command unable to be sent as a team-up?

Comments

• SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I'm guessing you could use it to power things like Magneto's Polarizing force and it might be game breaking.
  • jtmagee
    But that's what team-ups do. Power up a match. Shouldn't matter how it affects a character. If that's the case, Storm's Lightning Strikes shouldn't be able to be sent as a team-up because she gains AP that could power up a color for a character to knock the AI out. Or Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt. Etc.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Umm...what would be the point? It creates TU tiles to generate TU ap...but it would use TU ap to do so. Seems like an exercise in futility to me. Am I missing something?
  • jtmagee
    It would create a lot of match 4's and 5's, thus extending the turn. Mohawk Storm's Mistress of the Elements also destroys team-ups and gains the ones she destroys as AP. Redundant or not, it should be allowed to be sent.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    May lock this thread after a few more get a chance to respond, since you have already asked in her character thread, but the best place for this question may be in the Team Up Guide: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Umm...what would be the point? It creates TU tiles to generate TU ap...but it would use TU ap to do so. Seems like an exercise in futility to me. Am I missing something?
    Storm's Yellow can be received as a Team-Up, and that costs TU AP to gain a smaller amount of TU AP with a little board shake.
  • Malcrof
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Storm's Yellow can be received as a Team-Up, and that costs TU AP to gain a smaller amount of TU AP with a little board shake.

Difference being she does damage for each created. The other color changers that can be sent (inhuman stretchiness and gsbw purple) are targetable, or do damage like thunderstrike. Hers does no damage and is not targetable.. i think without the secondary effect, it may register like PX's purple.. although active, cannot be sent.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    It's ability to overwrite ANY special tile isn't too shabby either. I see no reason this can't be a teamup.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Difference being she does damage for each created. The other color changers that can be sent (inhuman stretchiness and gsbw purple) are targetable, or do damage like thunderstrike. Hers does no damage and is not targetable.. i think without the secondary effect, it may register like PX's purple.. although active, cannot be sent.

But can Cyclops Mutant Revolutionary be sent as a team-up? It does not allow targeting, and does not do damage....
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

But can Cyclops Mutant Revolutionary be sent as a team-up? It does not allow targeting, and does not do damage....

It can, and only targets 1 color, like KK's (where you pick the color), it targets TU tiles.

I am not arguing against it.. just trying to help figure out why it can't. On TU heavy boards, it would be a great cascade maker.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    May lock this thread after a few more get a chance to respond, since you have already asked in her character thread, but the best place for this question may be in the Team Up Guide: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918

As the writer of the TU Guide (and someone who sold off Ms. Marvel), I just realized that the Team-Up Guide is missing patrol time and colors on Ms. Marvel; the only entry is for Captain Marvel, whose Yellow is passive.

I'd appreciate any info for Ms. Marvel, since it doesn't seem that the active Yellow should be blocked to me.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I like to pair her with Modern Hawkeye. Strategic Command leads into Speed Shot quite nicely.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it because characters can only send two powers? Can a character with three actives have all three be sent? I feel like the characters only have two T/U's that can be sent.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a character with three actives have all three be sent?
    Yes, mnmag comes to mind...
  • CaptainFreaky
    colwag wrote:

Ok - based on colwag's excellent investigation I definitely want to understand this (any reds listening? Bueller?)- maybe it really is a bug. And based on the speed with which we've seen the dev's can patch a bug that happens to be favorable to players, we know they can fix these things quickly if they CHOOSE....
  • jtmagee
    I think it's just an over-site overall. If enough attention is brought to it, it will be addressed either way.

And Malcrof, while I posted in the character topic, you'll notice that it was not noticed at all, while on here, it has received enough to warrant discussion.

Also, was glad to have ya in Rings alliance for a minute!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    jtmagee wrote:

Hi,

Looks like this was a bug that appeared post-R89 (or earlier) and a fix is planned to go live within the next few days.

Thank you for the reports!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    jtmagee wrote:

Hi,

Looks like this was a bug that appeared post-R89 (or earlier) and a fix is planned to go live within the next few days.

Finally catching up on our old questions...? I believe there is a lot more we need answers to icon_e_wink.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    jtmagee wrote:

Hi,

Finally catching up on our old questions...? I believe there is a lot more we need answers to icon_e_wink.gif

Heh - I think ~ 75 days for a response is like lightning speed! Later is better than never though, but it would be nice not to have to wait another 2.5 months for responses on some of the recent changes.