How are brackets seeded

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
i though it was the time you played or the strength of your roaster but this X-23 PVE has to be one of the strangest brackets i seen

right now we all have the same pts since did one clear

one person i can see has at least 10 4 stars max covered and ranked 260
One person i see has 12 4 stars all rank 70 and then his next is a 3 star at level 60

even saw one (no longer ) who had nothing higher then a 40 rank cover

thought that was super werid seeing them in the same bracket

Comments

• PvE scales with your strongest 5 heroes or so (maybe its best 3?).
    e.g. if your best heroes are level 60, then AI is around level 90 node, while if your best heroes are level 175, then you fight the same enemies, but then at level 200. While they both get same amount of points for the node. So it depends on their level, not the amount of covers they have as far as i know.
    (I dont know the exact scaling numbers, this is just an example)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    i though it was the time you played or the strength of your roaster but this X-23 PVE has to be one of the strangest brackets i seen

right now we all have the same pts since did one clear

one person i can see has at least 10 4 stars max covered and ranked 260
    One person i see has 12 4 stars all rank 70 and then his next is a 3 star at level 60

even saw one (no longer ) who had nothing higher then a 40 rank cover

thought that was super werid seeing them in the same bracket

Past performance has little to do with the level of the characters in your roster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are 2 types of brackets, vet and noob, they both fill first come first serve. There's no way tell which you'll be placed in
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I could have been misinformed, but I read previously that bracket placement had more to do with your recent success in PVE events, and is not tied to your roster strength. Your roster strength does affect the level of opponents you will see during the event, but not which bracket you are placed in.

If you have been competitive in recent PVEs, expect to be placed in a bracket with other people who were competitive in prior PVEs.
  • i asked something similar like that yesterday; viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34634
    answer was
    Grantosium wrote:
    We don't know exactly how this is determined, but there are a lot of working theories, so we've got a fairly good approximation.
    Sometimes skipping one PvE, or even just doing a single clear each day in one PvE is enough to get me into a beginner bracket for the next event. Other times I need to do this two events back to back.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    the general consensus is that tanking 3 PVE's(just join, don't play at all) gets a you a noob bracket. Other methods are met with *some* success but so far the only guaranteed way is to tank a PVE or 3.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    the general consensus is that tanking 3 PVE's(just join, don't play at all) gets a you a noob bracket. Other methods are met with *some* success but so far the only guaranteed way is to tank a PVE or 3.

yea but someone with all to most 4 stars max VS someone with no1 over 40s dont really seem fair.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

yea but someone with all to most 4 stars max VS someone with no1 over 40s dont really seem fair.

You are fighting the Environment, which scales to the players level, not the other player directly. Roster strength is not a useful tool to indicate how well someone will fair against their scaled nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    You're right, the guy with all the essential characters with one cover at level 40 will have an unfair advantage over the one with maxed 4*s, scaling wise.