losing rewards by placing higher

biryon
biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we please have it so placement rewards are cumulative? For example, coming up in ISO-8 Brotherhood, I'd like to get X-23, but I can also use that BP cover. It seems wrong to me that I can miss out on needed rewards by placing higher.

Comments

• its going to get crowded in the 101-150 region, i was aiming for that position too. Black panther is better than 1000 ISO.
  • biryon wrote:
    Can we please have it so placement rewards are cumulative?

But they already are! That is, assuming you place T1-2 icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    its going to get crowded in the 101-150 region, i was aiming for that position too. Black panther is better than 1000 ISO.

This has been my gripe for a while. When 4* characters get released, instead of sliding down the 2* rewards a tier and keeping the same range of placement for the 3* reward, the 4* eats into the 3*. It's like, you're devoting 250 places to a reward that easily pops from a standard token. I get Magneto (2) covers when I sneeze. If you really think it's important that 250 Magneto (2) covers be available, re-divide the standard token tiers from 451-800. Or go 201-250 as an Heroic token, 251-300 as Magneto, and proceed from there.

Compressing the 3* reward tier just means that everybody shoots for the 4* and people who actually need the 3* reward get squeezed out.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    edit: never mind what I had posted before - was looking at it wrong. disregard...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'd much rather the BP token than x23 for this one.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    They should really just show the reward at the tier and add "and all the rewards of the previous tier(s)"

They already do this in Adventure Time Card Wars - you get all the rewards of all previous tiers in their tournaments.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was between placing T100 for X-23 or earning my 5th black BP.. sadly no matter how little I played I could not get below T50 lol.

I have never been able to rank in the T100 for 4* so there were definitely players who fought to stay within the T150 for BP. I'm not too upset cause I'll get my 5th Black BP in DDQ eventually.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    And when you throw away your nth Black Panther cover, you'll wish you had tried for the 4* cover instead.
  • Cymmina wrote:
    And when you throw away your nth Black Panther cover, you'll wish you had tried for the 4* cover instead.
    not really, i didnt have a roster slot for her anyway.
    So it was just 25 HP and 1000 ISO vs black panther cover.