[PSA] Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest is here

Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just noticed that Magic Puzzle Quest is available in the Google Play store, so I thought I'd check it out.

It's quite buggy and still missing a few art assets. There's load times on everything, coupled with a lack of feedback/response means that I'm forever pressing a button 4 or 5 times since I can't tell if it detected the first attempt. There's no consistent back button, so menus are a bit of a maze.

And it's still better than MPQ. Demiurge will really need to step up their game.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It's soft launched in Australia and New Zealand on Android only. Just to be precise. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    It's soft launched in Australia and New Zealand on Android only. Just to be precise. icon_e_smile.gif

Nice!
    I should be able to have a good go at it on my commute home today and come up with some more detailed impressions.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

wonder if it ever see the light of day on steam in the usa
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    All my devices are iOS, so will have resort to my wife's phone/tablet to check it out. She's glued to those android devices though
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I am anxiously awaiting this release. I am a huge mtg nerd.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not locking or moving this thread, this is just a friendly green reminder that there's a whole dedicated subforum for MtGPQ over here.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Did this soft release come with any hard release dates?
  • IceIX
    Did this soft release come with any hard release dates?
    Nope. We're planning before the end of the year, but nothing definitive to state yet.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first reaction was "Cool! I might give that a try!"
    Followed by "Wait...no. I do not need to commit myself to ANOTHER game like that."

As fun as it likely is, MPQ is my dedicated daily game. Adding more would just murder my...pffth, I was going to say social life, who am I kidding?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I just noticed that Magic Puzzle Quest is available in the Google Play store, so I thought I'd check it out.

It's quite buggy and still missing a few art assets. There's load times on everything, coupled with a lack of feedback/response means that I'm forever pressing a button 4 or 5 times since I can't tell if it detected the first attempt. There's no consistent back button, so menus are a bit of a maze.

And it's still better than MPQ. Demiurge will really need to step up their game.

So it's a standard MTG digital product? Check. As a 20-year MTG veteran I'll skip this one as well then.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    My first reaction was "Cool! I might give that a try!"
    Followed by "Wait...no. I do not need to commit myself to ANOTHER game like that."

As fun as it likely is, MPQ is my dedicated daily game. Adding more would just murder my...pffth, I was going to say social life, who am I kidding?

I'm lost. What in the world is this... "social life" you speak of? It seems like a strange concept. I'm curious. Should I be pursuing such feats?
  • oh, its by the same developper....
    i thought it might actually become a good game i could play instead of marvel puzzle quest.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Got up to day 15 playing MTG:PQ before I deleted it from my phone. The concept is interesting at first, but it grows stale fast. Marvel PQ is simpler but elegant; MTG:PQ is just clunky. It didn't help that the UI and UX was pretty terrible, they should it improve it first before they release it worldwide.
  • IceIX
    Frasaria wrote:
    oh, its by the same developper....
    i thought it might actually become a good game i could play instead of marvel puzzle quest.
    Different developer, same publisher. Marvel is done by Demiurge. Magic is done by Hibernum. Both are published by D3.