US players:Don't forget about the time change coming Sunday

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
before you pick your brackets for the events.. Remember time changes Sunday.

Mod edit: clarified subject line. -DayvBang

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember different world locations have different times for changing, & server time has its own.

I lost 1hr of shielding last sunday between 10-12 AM (CET!), that should have been the server change.
  • time change was 4 days ago for me, but thanks for the reminder, i will be sure to not forget it next time ^_^
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, my timezone switched on Sunday and I hate the new slice 3 time. 10pm worked well but 9 don't work with work.

Just seems to be getting earlier sure they already made the time earlier this year by an hour. Slice 3 used to end at 11pm for me.

Anyway thanks for the heads up.
  • I don't recall what happened in Spring. Do they update the servers to keep the same relative time slots or are all the shards going to move back an hour when we "Fall back"?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah the shard times will move for everyone. So for people living in countries where the clock moves, the times will look the same, and those living without will just see all the times being different by a hour.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    #repealdaylightsavings
    (Seriously, Daylight Savings Time is one of the worst ideas of the modern age, and I am including the Treaty of Versailles, the Apple Newton, Microsoft Bob, the later seasons of Heroes, and Ke$ha in that. It doesn't save energy, it costs a lot of money, makes EVERYONE less safe, has nothing to do with farming, and causes, let's face it, a lot of stupid **** like MPQ schedule mismatches.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never understood why we continued to use daylight savings.
    "Oh, but it's brighter in the morning!" Yeah? So...it's better than at 4pm, ie when the kids are coming home from school and everyone's leaving work, that it's already night time?

I noticed a discrepency in the times on MPQ already. UK clocks went back last Sunday so that threw everything off for me.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X wrote:
    Yep, my timezone switched on Sunday and I hate the new slice 3 time. 10pm worked well but 9 don't work with work.

Just seems to be getting earlier sure they already made the time earlier this year by an hour. Slice 3 used to end at 11pm for me.

Anyway thanks for the heads up.
    If I had remembered the time change I would have picked slice 3 for Enemy of the state. The usual end time is at 11 PM, which is too late, but 10 PM is workable. I picked slice 2 instead, and 5 PM is too early while 6 PM was workable. Oh well, things will go back to normal next week.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like PVE times have already taken the note.. 5pm end times are now 4pm..
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Looks like PVE times have already taken the note.. 5pm end times are now 4pm..
    I'm assuming that is so the phases will still be 24 hours. The Dark Avengers Heroic PvE will probably move things back to normal.