Roster Synergizing Cheat Sheet

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I threw this together quickly. It has everyone's max level, health, and damage per color match. It also has a page for active abilities by color (ability descriptions to be added later).

I wanted a way to visualize how I should build my team according to their best colors. The first tab will show you some example team builds.

Maybe this'll help someone else. Enjoy:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W1yL ... sp=sharing

EDIT: Some notes.
- So that every match you make can be as effective as possible, you want to create a team that maximizes it's use of all 6 colors. With a 3 person team, that means you want each character to be excellent at 2 colors. Each match you make will be as damaging as possible, and the AP you gain will always be useful for something.
- I separated the characters out by rarity, then filtered by level, health, red, yellow, etc. All numbers represent their respective stats at max level. I then highlighted each characters top two colors.
- In general, the colors that characters do the most matching damage with, tend to be the colors of their abilities.
- I then combed through all the possible combinations that would cover all 6 colors and listed my favorite examples (what you see in the first tab).
- I have yet to add descriptions for abilities, but my final suggestion would be to start making theoretical combinations as I did, and then look at their abilities. Try to find abilities that synergize (e.g. 2* Thor can create yellow tiles with his red ability and 2* Wolverine's passive benefits from yellow tiles).
- The last number on the totals line (first sheet) represents the grand total of maximum matching damage you can put out with each color.

Comments

• On a side note, I have almost NONE of these characters and I just started playing about a week ago. I am just TOO excited about building my perfect team.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Thank you so much! I wanted a feature like this implemented. Something like saving custom teams and stuff. Sometimes it takes me forever to find a complimentary team comp.
  • Just as a point of strategy, it's not always a good idea to run a set of heroes that split the colors 2/2/2. Sure, you maximize your tile-matching damage that way, but you want to be careful how often you expose your glass cannons to the enemy.

Example: 1* Modern Storm's best colors are Green, Red, and Black, in that order. However, she has very low health, so one of her best possible pairings is with 2* Thor, whose colors are Red, Yellow, and Green. If you have Thor several levels above Storm, you can get him to stay in front of the group on all three of his colors, so Storm is only exposed when she matches Black. Storm using Thor for cover has two benefits: first, she's less likely to get blown up by an unlucky cascade or a powerhouse enemy skill, and second, you will often end a match with Storm at full health--use one Health Pack on Thor, and you are good to continue--which boosts your team's longevity.

Both Storm and Thor have Green and Red active abilities, so you might think they would step on each other's toes, resource-wise, but that turns out not to be the case. Thor's Red is not great--you'll use it when you have a bunch of red to burn, or need to finish off a target right now (adding only 3 Yellow tiles to the board is weak). Storm's Red is frequently useful to shake up the board and potentially trigger cascades. Thor's Yellow is his best skill, as it seeds the board with a lot of Green tiles. Thor's Green is *very* powerful, and should be used as a finisher; in the early game, you should be using Storm's Green instead. (Storm's Black is useful extra damage, but I *hate* it because the fist symbols seriously screw with my pattern recognition.)

The standard starter group is IM35, mStorm, and mBW, all 1*. IM35 is usually replaced by Thor; this modified group packs a *lot* of punch for an early/cheap team. (Thor and Storm chain AoE abilities back and forth, while BW bridges the gaps with resource stealing and stuns.) You generally start looking for 2*s Original Black Widow, Classic Storm, and Astonishing Wolverine next, and transition into Thor/OBW/cStorm, or Thor/Wolvie/OBW as your standard 2* team. 3* covers are rare, and nearly all of the 3* and 4* heroes suck until you have around 5 or 6 of their covers and the levels to back them, so your 2* core is probably going to be doing your heavy lifting for a while.

Edit: Also, your spreadsheet is awesome, and I think it will be quite useful to me as I work on building my own team. Thanks!
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Just as a point of strategy, it's not always a good idea to run a set of heroes that split the colors 2/2/2. Sure, you maximize your tile-matching damage that way, but you want to be careful how often you expose your glass cannons to the enemy.

Yeah, sorry. Like I said, I'm brand new to the game. I just wanted a resource to be able to mix and match characters quickly and efficiently. I wanted a way to visualize how they would mesh on a team.
  • Thanks for taking the time to create this and sharing, extremely useful..
  • Good work and all, but I can honestly say I have never considered colour synergy in my lineup selection. For me, it all comes down to quality of abilities and how they mesh with each other to me - i.e. support characters who feed damage dealers. If I don't have a character in my team with a black power and thus own the black tiles for damage, so be it - the rest will make up for it.

Now... if they ever add bonuses for synergy - that might be a different matter.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is cool. I hope that some devs lurk these forums and look at that. It makes it easier to see an uneven distribution of colors.