How Does Everyone Feel

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
About the fact that if 100,000 people each open 100 Legendaries, 3 lucky players will not draw any 5*s at all. Never mind covering them to a useful level.

I think that the most powerful characters in the game should be available in a more consistent manner. The current system all but guarantees that some people will never get any 5*s despite doing everything in their power to do so.

(Apparently writing a whimsical story about this is "flamebaiting", so I'll just open the discussion directly)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    About the fact that if 100,000 people each open 100 Legendaries, 3 lucky players will not draw any 5*s at all. Never mind covering them to a useful level.

I think that the most powerful characters in the game should be available in a more consistent manner. The current system all but guarantees that some people will never get any 5*s despite doing everything in their power to do so.

I am batting 0 as well on 5*s. In the meantime though, i am covering 4*s rather quickly.. and unfortunately, also selling 4* covers.. i am close to just hoarding tokens now and waiting on the 3rd 5* since SS and OML do not wish to be on my roster.

Also, we have a legendary token thread going strong viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34273
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got my first 5* last week, Old Man Logan black, and I get quite a few Legendaries. I'll be getting the daily reward Surfer sometime next week I think.
    I'd probably have prefered 5* being less powerful and easier to get, but I have no big issue with it.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Raffoon wrote:
    About the fact that if 100,000 people each open 100 Legendaries, 3 lucky players will not draw any 5*s at all.

Wow, a 100 Legendaries! Just think how many icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png 's that would be!

(Blows brains out)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • I got SS blackflag.png during anniversary and my birthday wish was a SS blueflag.png. 2 legs and no 5*. Dang lol.

5* are supposed to be tough to get, after all it is the end game. 4* aren't and it'll be soon enough 4* are easy to get.

I'm scared about a third 5*. Imagine 450, 450, 450 in PVP. Skip, Skip, 10 ISO, 10 ISO, rinse and repeat
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Malcrof wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

I am batting 0 as well on 5*s. In the meantime though, i am covering 4*s rather quickly.. and unfortunately, also selling 4* covers.. i am close to just hoarding tokens now and waiting on the 3rd 5* since SS and OML do not wish to be on my roster.

Also, we have a legendary token thread going strong viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34273

I've actually gotten 2 5*s, but I still think it's a broken system. Of course, I've probably opened 30+ or even 35+ at this point, so that's just a bit under average. I've stopped counting, but I had 17 in the initial batch right after OML was added before Iceman.

The other thread seems to be focused on the general ability to pull something useful out of a Legendary token. This is specifically about pulling 5*s.

It seems like this is something that they could solve relatively easily, though. Either a vault, or a system where your chance of drawing a 5* increases the longer you go without drawing one.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary Token Thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34273

5* and PVP/PVE:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33297
This discussion has been closed.