The Tale of The Man With No 5*s

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd like to tell you the tale of a man. No, he's not me (although my situation isn't too far off).

No matter how many Legendary tokens he opened, he could not draw a 5*. He opened 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 Legendary tokens. NO 5*s!!!

The man said "Oh my, it's so unlikely this would happen to anyone at all. Surely a curse must be in place. Or a bug in the system." But that's where the man was wrong, for right at that moment, the Statistics Imp appeared to set him straight.

"YOU ARE WRONG," boomed the Statistics imp, "You see, if 100,000 people each open 100 Legendary tokens, it's actually more likely than not that THREE people will not draw any 5*s. You are one of the *lucky* THREE. And you can just forget about covering those 5*s to a useful level. But fear not, some other shlub will surely open 10 5* covers while you've opened none. Have fun beating his team. Too bad that you can't be on a level playing field with people that have drawn 5*s because the developers of your game have decided to make the most powerful characters in the game only be given out by random chance! By doing so, they've all but ensured that some people will get no 5*s at all!"

And so it was that the man was driven insane, able to think only of miniature lions for some reason.

frabz-Tinykitty-This-317a79.jpg
This discussion has been closed.