Changing of the guard in villain lightning rounds

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
Yes, I'm still miffed the boosted characters never change in the lightning rounds. Deal with it. I like playing with the boosted characters, so always having the same ones available is boring.
Anyway, it occurred to me that you can actually do a complete change of the guard in the villain lightning rounds. The villains who are not currently included there are The Hood, Daken, Sentry, Dr Octopus and Bullseye. Pretty good variety there, so why not let them take over the lightning rounds for a while?
Another possibility: Since there are two villain weeks to one hero week, perhaps you could do two different sets of villains? Say the original gangsters (Doom, Magneto, Ragnarok, Hood, Loki) one week and the upstarts (Daken, Sentry, Doc Ock, Mystique, Bullseye) the next?

Oh, and I still want the characters changed for the heroic lightning rounds as well. No suggestions there though, too many options to consider.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    as someone who plays LRs as much as I can, completely agree they need a shake-up. I like the villain group as-is, mainly because mags/loki/anyone are strong and I enjoy playing them. the hero group is cap plus a steaming pile. ok, that may be a little strong, but there are so many good options, having one stud and a bunch of below average characters is no fun. mainly because iso is so precious, lower tier characters don't get iso and are underleveled for many.

villain side has 2 studs (mags/loki) and a very solid (doom). rags provides the only green and mystique seems redundant to doom.

to me, the hero side could be split into thematic groups - avengers, xmen, etc - that would actually be way more fun to play:

thor, cap, gsbw, hulk, witch (if you need a black, sub panther in) - does that sound fun? of course it does

Cyclops, patch, mostorm, beast, psylocke (or deadpool for one if you need a purple)- sign me up.

even fantastic 4/guardians group - grocket, gamora, torch, shulk, cage - missing purple but I'd take it and have fun with it.

might be better options - was just looking at the member lists and going with it. really think they could be fun. now they're just farming and boring.