World Wide Players

DEWDuck
DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone know the number of registered players of MPQ? 2 million? 5 million?

Curios to know.

Comments

• registered users do not matter much since 99% of them do not play anymore.
    Steam says around 1000 users a day steamcharts.com/app/234330
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Frasaria wrote:
    registered users do not matter much since 99% of them do not play anymore.

Only 1000/day on Steam?? That's a lot less than I was expecting.
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Frasaria wrote:

Don't really care if registered users matter much or not, that isn't the question I asked. I am curious to know the number.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ram51 wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:

I don't even know how you Steam guys can compete in PVE.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:

I don't even know how you Steam guys can compete in PVE.

I don't icon_e_smile.gif

True answer some work from home, some presumably have flexible work computer standards, some don't work at all, etc. It's possible, it's certainly not easy though.

As far as total players, way back when during first anniversary they said ~124k players registered for Deadpool vs MPQ (something like that). I think that number is bigger now, but again the vast, vast majority are playing as casual as one can possibly imagine, and then more casual than that.

Edit: From the recent infographic (http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/942939 ... two-second), 56,794 got Ant-man from the silly 5-node, 30 day event. So at least that many, but I'm guessing the number of players is at least double, if not triple that.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edit: From the recent infographic (http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/942939 ... two-second), 56,794 got Ant-man from the silly 5-node, 30 day event. So at least that many, but I'm guessing the number of players is at least double, if not triple that.
    given that the largest portion of the player base is 2* players and 1*-2* transitioners, my guess is its way more than that - maybe 6, 8, or 10X the number that got antman. when the most used abilities in the game are 1* and 2* abilities, there's a ton going on at the bottom. and my guess is most all of those did not have a chance at antman - those nodes, while beatable for experienced players with good rosters, were not pushovers.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    given that the largest portion of the player base is 2* players and 1*-2* transitioners, my guess is its way more than that - maybe 6, 8, or 10X the number that got antman. when the most used abilities in the game are 1* and 2* abilities, there's a ton going on at the bottom. and my guess is most all of those did not have a chance at antman - those nodes, while beatable for experienced players with good rosters, were not pushovers.

I don't think there are that many "veterans," or even 2->3* transitioners, where 56000 of them got Ant-man. PvP, which is where those stronger rosters lie, isn't more than about 10k players deep.

So I'm guessing a large, large chunk of 2* teams (probably with CStorm-Mags) stunned their way through it.
  • If you look at the forum it says 22.188 forum members and that is from the beginning until now.
    So if even only 1% of all the players made a forum account, you are looking at only 2.218.800 players in total that are registered.

But i have no clue if that 1% is accurate. might be able to compare it with other games where the statistics are known.