Slight adjustment to PVP scoring

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
One thing which (I think) irritates many during PVP is when you're close to a threshold for a progression reward and line up a match which will give me enough points, win said match and then find that... I didn't get the progression because I was attacked during the match. Very frustrating.

Is it at all possible to make a small and simple change which would prevent this but not affect final scores... make and deductions from your score (due to losing fights) be done after your additions (from winning fights) ultimately it will have zero affect on my final score as the amount being deducted and added is the same. But this small change will mean I hit that progression first - then lose my points.

Thanks devs

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be a huge improvement to player experience.

Think of it in comparison to how banks process deposits and withdrawals. **** banks will process all your pending checks first before your pending deposits, because they have the best chance of racking up overdraft fees for a subset of customers with lower balances that way. Banks that actually want their customers to be happy will process the deposits first -- they value customer retention over short term gains in fees.

MPQ would give out a few more progression rewards, but player frustration would be significantly diminished.

Why, yes, I did miss out on a legendary token twice in the last pvp because of this. Nearly tossed my phone at the wall the second time.
  • I love this idea! Final scores are unaffected so there is no massive change in scoring mechanic, but everyone loses that feeling of being robbed when they finish the last game before a progression... but don't get the reward.
  • Couldn't agree more. I've ditched an incalculable number of PVP events after massive points deductions prior to the addition of points won.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I strongly encourage upvoting the OP if you agree with a suggestion.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen this suggested probably 10 times already, but I spit in the wind and threw in an upvote anyway.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me it seems a simple fix for a very common complaint. Thanks for the upvotes guys, hopefully we can keep this under the devs noses until they read and take heed.