Colossal punch not getting immovable object bonus

Zehcnas27
Zehcnas27 Posts: 12
It's happened a good 4 times where I'll use colossal punch while colossus is in front and he isn't gettingg the damage bonus to the target and team. It's a vital move that will solidify a win or turn a loss around for me, so this kind of makes him really unreliable. Halllllppppp

Comments

• I want to say if you have a cascade for another character as the "technical" last match even though Colossus is still up front, it doesn't give the bonus. Colossus has to have the last match on the board and be in front to reliably get the bonus damage. YMMV.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you use another character's ability before Colossal Punch, that character moves to the front. Immovable Object only puts Colossus up front at the end of your turn.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    great info with him being an essential in the next PVE
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you use another character's ability before Colossal Punch, that character moves to the front. Immovable Object only puts Colossus up front at the end of your turn.
    This is what's happening, I'm sure of it. Always use his red before anyone else's. Or, if he's not at the front, use a different skill on him and then his red. Or have him make a 5-match with his symbol on the tiles. Anything to move him back to the front without ending the turn.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    This is what's happening, I'm sure of it. Always use his red before anyone else's. Or, if he's not at the front, use a different skill on him and then his red. Or have him make a 5-match with his symbol on the tiles. Anything to move him back to the front without ending the turn.

Ooooooor, use his punch while he is still in front before using any other skills.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Ooooooor, use his punch while he is still in front before using any other skills.
    Oooh, you know what else you could do? Use his punch before using any other skills!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Oooh, you know what else you could do? Use his punch before using any other skills!

I suggest using immovable object first.
  • Immovable Object doesn't put him in the front right away. I've noticed this too. I have to use Immovable object in one turn, then fire colossal punch the next turn. He only jumps in front to intercept attacks, but the enemy team is (usually) not attacking during your turn.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    rtomek wrote:
    Immovable Object doesn't put him in the front right away. I've noticed this too. I have to use Immovable object in one turn, then fire colossal punch the next turn. He only jumps in front to intercept attacks, but the enemy team is (usually) not attacking during your turn.
    Firing any skill on a character puts them in from immediately. Using Immovable Object followed by Colossal Punch will always get you the big damage. Just don't use someone else's skill in the middle.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Firing any skill on a character puts them in from immediately. Using Immovable Object followed by Colossal Punch will always get you the big damage. Just don't use someone else's skill in the middle.

Until last night I would have thought so too.. but experienced something different. Numerous times in the last day I've experienced Colossal punch doing baby **** damage in the face of it normally otherwise packing it's increasingly mythical enhanced damage.
  • Gaudium wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Until last night I would have thought so too.. but experienced something different. Numerous times in the last day I've experienced Colossal punch doing baby **** damage in the face of it normally otherwise packing it's increasingly mythical enhanced damage.

Yeah I have experienced this recently as well.

I think perhaps that even if he is visibly "in-font", you cannot assume he truely is and have to use his other skills before his punch. I've made it a point to do so now.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I had an issue with him during the last even too. After noticing it I paid careful attention and found It was completely random. On one turn I'd use Immovable Object & make a non-cascading match, then on the next turn use Colossal Punch. Sometimes it'd do weak damage, sometimes full force.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    absolutely agree that its broken. So did you raise a ticket?