DDQ 4* on Gamependium

Options
2»

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anyone actually verify that it was the devs that posted this schedule and not someone just making wild guesses / trolling?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anyone actually verify that it was the devs that posted this schedule and not someone just making wild guesses / trolling?
    I'd actually like to know this too. I'm actually spending iso now based on this and am wondering if I've screwed myself.
  • 10/30- Starlord 1/1/2 Lvl 94
    11/04- Kingpin 3/3/1 Lvl 152
    11/09- Prof X 2/1/2 Lvl 94
    11/14- Carnage 1/1/3 Lvl 97
    11/19- Thing 1/0/2 Lvl 90
    11/24- Jean Grey 1/2/0 Lvl 90
    11/29- Sam Wilson 2/3/1 Lvl 131

My best bets:
    Kingpin (152) and Sam Wilson (131)

Depends:
    Carnage (97 current, 115 max)
    Professor X (94 current, 111 max) - Who knows? Maybe a similar fate as IW.

The others I highly doubt.

IMO and personal experience 2/2/2 over level 120 wont do too bad. IW was 1/0/3, DXF 5/1/1, Dino 0/1/5 have been my three 4* DDQ victories.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd actually like to know this too. I'm actually spending iso now based on this and am wondering if I've screwed myself.
    Just save your ISO until the day of the event. I try to have about 40k at least saved up which will take a 4* from level 70 to 150 or so if I really have to. No sense spending the ISO early, what if the battle is really easy and you can beat it with a level 70? Now you are out 30k ISO to have a 4* that at level 145 isn't really usable for anything other than DDQ and PvE essentials.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since Prof X is the next, can we assume that this whole list is bogus?
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    I thought that calendar was being maintained by a player and not the devs? So these are just guesses based on release order I think.

Yes, I'm the maintainer of the calendar and I have no affiliation with the devs.

Here's how the predictions for unconfirmed characters works (it actually works the same way as the 3* characters, but I don't think we've had any new 3* characters since the calendar went live):
    • Every time a character is confirmed, it gets remembered as part of the "rotation" for each node
    • Any characters that are eligible for a particular node that aren't confirmed to be in the rotation are tacked on at the end
    • Unconfirmed characters are listed in roughly the same order in which they were released

That's all there is to it.

Unless the information comes to us sooner in the sneak peek thread, the earliest I can confirm in advance is when the stockpiled token vault contents flip over. This happens about 1.5 days before the stockpiled vault becomes the active vault again.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    10/30- Starlord - Level 90 (2/1/0) - No chance here
    11/04- Kingpin - Level 120 (2/5/3) - No ISO to level to 209, hopeful I can beat it with some luck
    11/09- Prof X - Level 120 (2/4/3) - No ISO to level to 188, doubt it's possible unless the match up allows me to go invisible and win via match damage
    11/14- Carnage - Level 120 (4/0/2) - No ISO to level to 147, no black so I'm not killing myself but then I lose out on the extra damage too. Unlikely
    11/19- Thing - Level 120 (2/4/5) - No ISO to level to 229, Probably my best chance of another win here.
    11/24- Jean Grey - Level 94 (2/1/1) - Not a chance here
    11/29- Sam Wilson - Level 115 (1/3/1) - No chance.

Other 4*s:
    Mr Fantastic - Level 120 (3/2/2) - No ISO to level to 147, might get lucky and win this one but I don't count on it.
    Red Hulk - Level 78 (1/1/1) - Can't seem to hit 1k for another cover in his pvp event. No chance here
    Iceman - Level 120 (2/2/2) - No ISO to level to 127, another that may be possible
    Cyke - Level 86 (0/2/0) - No damage ability so that's not possible

Figured I should do an update. Was 2 of 8 last time and now I'm 8 of 10. A big improvement, managed to squeeze over 50% overall (10 of 18).

Starlord - Level 90 (2/1/0) - I was right, pretty much impossible. He is now 2/1/1 so it's getting better
    Kingpin - Level 120 (2/5/4) - Didn't need to level past 120, got it after a few attempts
    Prof X - Level 120 (3/4/3) - Didn't need to level past 120, was actually very easy. Go invisible and that was it
    Carnage - Level 147 (4/0/2) - Was fairly tough and I had to level him up to 147.
    Thing - Level 150 (2/4/5) - Had to level to 150 just to up the health a little, tough but doable.
    Jean Grey - Level 135 (4/1/1) - This was really tough but I got there in the end with a bit of luck.
    Sam Wilson - Level 115 (1/3/1) - No damage ability so this didn't go well at all. He is now 1/5/1 but I doubt the odds have changed
    Mr Fantastic - Level 140 (5/2/5) - Very challenging and every attempt was close. Got there eventually
    Iceman - Level 120 (3/3/3) - Another easy one, stun locked to victory
    Cyke - Level 120 (4/4/1) - Took several attempts but finally a good board that got me there. Didn't think it was possible at all.

Upcoming

Red Hulk - Level 120 (2/2/2) - I would say this is doable (more confident now)
    Cho - Level 120 (3/1/2) - This is the one I don't think is possible. No big damage
    X-23 - Level 120 (1/2/5) - Maxed purple might get me there but being a trap tile, it's all luck based.
    Ghost Rider - 115 (1/3/1) - Another tough one. May have better chance if I get a couple more covers
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    Red Hulk - Level 120 (2/2/2) - I would say this is doable (more confident now)
    Cho - Level 120 (3/1/2) - This is the one I don't think is possible. No big damage
    X-23 - Level 120 (1/2/5) - Maxed purple might get me there but being a trap tile, it's all luck based.
    Ghost Rider - 115 (1/3/1) - Another tough one. May have better chance if I get a couple more covers

Red Hulk - went down in flames, serve me right for being overconfident.
    X-23 - Took several attempts but, yes it was the one that the AI matched the trap tile that did it. Laid it most attempts but AI never matched it
    Ghost Rider - 135 (1/4/1) - got another red cover and beat it second go.

Now that we know the cycle is repeating

XFW - Level 170 (4/5/2) - failed last time because I had 2/2/2. Hopefully it will be easy with 5 black now.
    Thor - Level 120 (2/5/3) - failed last time because I had 1/1/1. With luck I will get at least another blue from the pve reward. Should be doable once I level her
    Deadpool - Level 170 (4/3/4) - My first win last time so I should be able to repeat it with more covers now
    Antman - Level 120 (5/1/4) - Another win last time so I should be able to repeat it with more covers now
    Elektra - Level 120 (0/5/4) - failed last time because I had 0/1/1, still not that confident with this one
    IW - Level 120 (3/5/0) - didn't even bother last time with 0/1/0, will be getting a green cover soon from daily resupply but she's still bad so I'm not sure it's doable
    Devil Dino - Level 115 (2/4/2) - didn't even bother last time with 0/0/1. Got heaps of covers afterwards and 3 from the daily resupply. However, not they are skipping him till anniversary
    Nick Fury - Level 120 (1/3/3) - didn't even bother last time with 0/1/0. More covers now but I still don't like my chances
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just took a look this morning. I got eight on the first pass (dp4, px, carnage, jean, cyclops, rulk, x-23, rider), but I think I might be able to get as many as 18 on the next (xfw is the most extreme, going from 0-0-1 last time to 3-4-4 now, but they've almost all improved (two were optimally covered on first pass).