A fix for ISO shortage

One of the biggest problems in the game is the relative lack of ISO

The biggest problem with the way ISO is currently given out is that the same rewards are being given to new & veteran players

So......

Maybe for rewards for pve & pvp instead of ISO, we should get "ISO - Levels" which can level up any character by one level on any level that they are at. Lvl270 for a 4* could be gotten for the same value as Lvl166 for 3*. Since it's only given out for event rewards, it won't be abused. Since it would have a two week life span like any other reward, it can't be stockpiled to say use a few hundred to max a 4* or 5*. We could still get regular ISO from progression & beating enemies for leveling, skip tax, standard tokens etc

I think "ISO - Levels" solves the ISO shortage by providing top level players more value for the same set of rewards. This keeps every event having the same rewards (which has seemed like a historic priority for the game devs) but having their value increase w the "veteran-ness" of each given player

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Start by eliminating the "thumb-to-the-eye" of 20 ISO rewards when you haven't received all four advertised rewards for a node.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Ice has said he went to bat for us to keep 'double ISO' the new normal but it looks like he wasn't successful icon_e_sad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ngoni wrote:
    Ice has said he went to bat for us to keep 'double ISO' the new normal but it looks like he wasn't successful icon_e_sad.gif
    There is no joy in MPQville -- mighty ICE-y has struck out...
  • Something I've discussed with a few others before regarding ISO was tiering the rewards for fights PVP.

The big concern with increasing ISO flow to everyone (from the devs point of view) is that it would render the early game obsolete, and while us forumites bemoan the iso shortage, it apparently works at a good pace for the early game and players in the 1*->2* portion of the game. Those players aren't cruising to 1k (let alone 2k scores) in PVP. They're playing a few games. They're playing some LR matches and probably stopping once seeds run out, but likely not aiming for the 250 point reward there. They are focusing on PVE more. I know I was when I was at that level. I know when I've alliance hopped into and out of some random alliances, that's exactly what those players PVP scores reflect. A few matches, low level progression targets, and call it a day.

So my thoughts on this were to sink the increased rewards in PVP. Playing a fight against a seed team and your score is under 200 points? You're getting whatever you're supposed to get.

Still under 400 points and starting to see real opponents? Still get the same ISO.

Over 400 and maybe up to 600? Ah, some progress! Now any matches you win give you 1.5X the ISO rewards they were before.

Up to the 6-900 range? Double ISO any time you get an ISO reward for completing a match.

900+ 2.5 or 3x ISO rewards.

This keeps the extra ISO out of the hands of the players the devs want to protect in terms of game pacing, but increases it where things are currently stagnating (the upper end of 3* and 4* land).

Obviously numbers would need to be tweaked, trials run, etc. But it might be better than the current situation and wouldn't crush the feel and flow of the early game.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    Something I've discussed with a few others before regarding ISO was tiering the rewards for fights PVP.

The big concern with increasing ISO flow to everyone (from the devs point of view) is that it would render the early game obsolete, and while us forumites bemoan the iso shortage, it apparently works at a good pace for the early game and players in the 1*->2* portion of the game. Those players aren't cruising to 1k (let alone 2k scores) in PVP. They're playing a few games. They're playing some LR matches and probably stopping once seeds run out, but likely not aiming for the 250 point reward there. They are focusing on PVE more. I know I was when I was at that level. I know when I've alliance hopped into and out of some random alliances, that's exactly what those players PVP scores reflect. A few matches, low level progression targets, and call it a day.

So my thoughts on this were to sink the increased rewards in PVP. Playing a fight against a seed team and your score is under 200 points? You're getting whatever you're supposed to get.

Still under 400 points and starting to see real opponents? Still get the same ISO.

Over 400 and maybe up to 600? Ah, some progress! Now any matches you win give you 1.5X the ISO rewards they were before.

Up to the 6-900 range? Double ISO any time you get an ISO reward for completing a match.

900+ 2.5 or 3x ISO rewards.

This keeps the extra ISO out of the hands of the players the devs want to protect in terms of game pacing, but increases it where things are currently stagnating (the upper end of 3* and 4* land).

Obviously numbers would need to be tweaked, trials run, etc. But it might be better than the current situation and wouldn't crush the feel and flow of the early game.

Yeah, but then everyone would whine about top players getting top rewards, which is apparently an issue for some people.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Which then encourages players to become the "top players."

Or adds to their discouragement
  • Start by eliminating the "thumb-to-the-eye" of 20 ISO rewards when you haven't received all four advertised rewards for a node.

That is not a shortage. Its an opportunity for 50,000 matches.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, but then everyone would whine about top players getting top rewards, which is apparently an issue for some people.

A top reward is one thing, but rewards that clearly give a greater advantage to players who already have an advantage is quite another. Leveling a 3* maxes out at just over 2.5k ISO a level. For a 4*, it maxes out at 4k.

What the op is talking about means that if one 3* player and one 4* player get the exact same reward, the 3* gets the equivalent of 2.5k ISO, and the 4* gets the equivalent of 4k ISO. They get rewarded more simply by already being ahead? That is the exact opposite of what this game needs. There need to be more ways for the middle of the road players to catch up, not for the lead to get further ahead.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    firethorne wrote:

A top reward is one thing, but rewards that clearly give a greater advantage to players who already have an advantage is quite another. Leveling a 3* maxes out at just over 2.5k ISO a level. For a 4*, it maxes out at 4k.

What the op is talking about means that if one 3* player and one 4* player get the exact same reward, the 3* gets the equivalent of 2.5k ISO, and the 4* gets the equivalent of 4k ISO. They get rewarded more simply by already being ahead? That is the exact opposite of what this game needs. There need to be more ways for the middle of the road players to catch up, not for the lead to get further ahead.

How about a cap on the total ISO? Something like:
    "1 level, up to 2500 ISO."

The biggest issue I could see would be a lower level player missing out vs the current rewards if they overperformed on the event.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    My suggestion, which is by no means original, is a hybrid of the others on this topic applied to pve.
    Scale ISO rewards from nodes based on enemy level. This way players at all levels get rewards proportional to their rosters.

I think you could also apply it to pvp. Take down a high level opponent? Get a high level reward.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    How about an ISO bonus based on your playtime via the Resupply day?

Modified ISO = ISO reward x ( 1 + (resupply day/100)).

For example:
    on day 1, ISO rewards would be multiplied by 1.01.
    on day 5, ISO rewards would be multiplied by 1.05.
    on day 100, ISO rewards would be multiplied by 2.00
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's start with the easiest one first guys. Don't make the nodes a random chance at 20 iso until all 4 rewards have been earned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it has been said way too many time before but... how hard is it for the developers to understand that getting 20 iso for mid/veteran players in the game is just insulting! None of the rewards in most events are that amazing, just allow players to get those rewards randomly the first four times they clear a node in PvE! In PvP, make 2* covers or wait for it....random three star covers icon_e_surprised.gif ....available more often as rewards for winning matches. You would probably get more new player PvP participation that way and vets could at least get more iso as they don't need 2*/3* covers but may occasionally come across a 3* they needed to finish covering.

Are they afraid that people won't buy iso 8 from them? Who buys iso 8 from them anyway? It is the worst deal in the game in value terms, compared to buying hero points especially.