tvOS Support

Dalbok
Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
Any plans to make MPQ available for tvOS (the new Apple TV OS)? And if so will it play against/like iOS/Android or will it be like the console versions?

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Dalbok wrote:
    Any plans to make MPQ available for tvOS (the new Apple TV OS)? And if so will it play against/like iOS/Android or will it be like the console versions?

Hi Dalbok,

Sorry, there are no plans at this time for a tvOS version of MPQ. I'll pass the suggestion along though!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine they'll want to see how tvOS adoption goes, and whether people use it as a gaming platform. Two years ago people were regularly asking for Windows Mobile and Blackberry support, and now it's obvious that coding those versions would have been a waste of resources.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I imagine they'll want to see how tvOS adoption goes, and whether people use it as a gaming platform. Two years ago people were regularly asking for Windows Mobile and Blackberry support, and now it's obvious that coding those versions would have been a waste of resources.

I know 1 person with it.. games ran poorly.. and it was missing most of the apps they used on Roku.. so it was returned.. apparently there was a pile of returned ones..

i wouldn't get any hopes up for support on it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I know 1 person with it.. games ran poorly.. and it was missing most of the apps they used on Roku.. so it was returned.. apparently there was a pile of returned ones..

i wouldn't get any hopes up for support on it.
    Piles of returns? The new Apple TV isn't even out yet. They started taking orders yesterday for release on Friday!

The previous Apple TVs did not run the new "tvOS" and did not allow the installation of apps.