Hey IceIX - 4* DDQ - no "fix" coming for TU?

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
We've had a couple of new releases and no mention of any forthcoming fix for the TEAM-UP mechanic in 4* DDQ - namely that the opponent gets a team-up and our character does not.
I recall you said that removing the opponent TU from 4* DDQ would also mess up TU's on other DDQ battles. Fine, but the Devs have now had a couple of releases to fix that.

So, what's up? Are you just leaving in the TU because, hey, in D3's opinion enough people are beating 4* DDQ that it doesn't matter that the opponent gets a TU?

I ask because it's clear you made a decision right before 4* DDQ launched to remove player TU, but (so you say) you couldn't do the same for the opponent.

When can we expect a change (if at all)?

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    Bump as I'm hoping we can get an update on 4* DDQ and Team-Up usage (by player or opponent)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    If you can use team ups then you can use Whales, Whales, Whales and then everyone could win.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    If you can use team ups then you can use Whales, Whales, Whales and then everyone could win.

Yeah pretty much this. I of course have not seen any official numbers but judging on what I read on the forum and within my and other alliances it seems like the amount of people beating the 4* node is meeting their expectations so I don't foresee them allowing us to use TU any time in the future.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pending the ability to switch off TUs for the AI in a specific node, I'm glad they seem to have made it so the enemy gets inconsequential or actively unhelpful abilities. I'm willing to bet more people won thanks to that Inferno TU in the Ant-Man fight than lost because of it.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Pending the ability to switch off TUs for the AI in a specific node, I'm glad they seem to have made it so the enemy gets inconsequential or actively unhelpful abilities. I'm willing to bet more people won thanks to that Inferno TU in the Ant-Man fight than lost because of it.

I'm not advocating allowing the player to use a TU (though certainly it would be great if they did) -> but I am advocating them eliminating the TU for the opponent. It's simply too much risk to allow the Devs the ability to choose a team-up for the opponent. Plus, it's counter to the spirit of the battle, which is truly supposed to be mano a mano.

At the onset of 4* DDQ, the devs wanted to remove the TU from the opponent but found they couldn't without messing up the other DDQ nodes. I'd like to hold them to that, and am asking why two releases later they haven't fixed it yet, or if they are now admitting that they won't fix it.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker

Did you PLAY Ant Man VS Jean Grey??
    That Human Torch Inferno TU was brutal.
    It was only manageble if you had at least 3 covers in Ant Man's Blue.
    The two times I tried this node, THAT damn skill is what killed me, not her actual skills.
    They really need to fix AI having a TU.
    If they don't feel like being bothered to fix it, just give them a Bagman Team up for ****'s sake. Something that's useless.
    The fact each battle so far has had a TU that has been perfect synergy with them makes it even worse. Thor Red for Cyclops anyone?
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    If Professor X cannot use TU, how's he gonna win against an opponent that fires AoE attack?
    Match fives all the way?
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I have to say I agree with the above poster. If they're not going to get rid of it, at least make it inconsequential. These perfectly chosen TUs are just an extra kick in the teeth.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why would they do something to actually HELP us? lol
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZommyGD wrote:
    If Professor X cannot use TU, how's he gonna win against an opponent that fires AoE attack?
    Match fives all the way?
    They won't use someone with AOE, just someone that heals
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt very much that they'll disable AI TU usage since the TU chosen is hardly random. They're always something that compliments the enemy's abilities. It's planned out.